Villa need to sell to avoid administration

Woodley Ram

31 minutes ago, RamNut said:

they've been caught in a ffp / parachute payment trap.

the ffp allowance drops from £36m to £13m at the same time that their income from parachute payments drops from £31m to £17m?

that a double whammy amounting to a £37m hit.

I think you mean FFP allowance dropping from £61m to £39m (over 3 seasons). With parachute payments dropping from £33m to £15m. 

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, NottsRam77 said:

Last time I checked it was a figure of speech? 

I don’t know if i have missed something here lol 

For future reference, he has figuratively disappeared off the face of the earth, not literally. To literally disappear, he would actually have to have popped out of existence. 

It’s a common grammatically mistake, but one that irks a lot of grammar Nazis.

(But not as much as ‘I could care less’ irks me when I hear an American say it. It’s ‘I couldn’t care less you cretin.’ I swear I could kill someone when I hear that. And when I correct them they just say ‘I could care less.’  Aaaaaaaahhhhhhhh!!!!!!!

But I digress.)

48 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

I think you mean FFP allowance dropping from £61m to £39m (over 3 seasons). With parachute payments dropping from £33m to £15m. 

Er .....no

the annual allowance dropped from £35m to £13m and the parachute payment falls from £34m to £17m in 18/19

1 hour ago, RamNut said:

Er .....no

the annual allowance dropped from £35m to £13m and the parachute payment falls from £34m to £17m in 18/19

I’m not sure where you’re getting your info from but there is no “annual allowance” - it’s a “3 year allowance”

http://www.financialfairplay.co.uk/financial-fair-play-explained.php

1 season in prem, 2 in champ = £61m

3 season in champ = £39m

This suggests parachute payments will drop from 33m to 15m. https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-parachute-payments-when-11161706

1 hour ago, RamNut said:

Er .....no

Just now, Ghost of Clough said:

I’m not sure where you’re getting your info from but there is no “annual allowance” - it’s a “3 year allowance”

http://www.financialfairplay.co.uk/financial-fair-play-explained.php

1 season in prem, 2 in champ = £61m

3 season in champ = £39m

This suggests parachute payments will drop from 33m to 15m. https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-parachute-payments-when-11161706

Ahh... your “35m annual loss” comes from a 105m 3 year loss if all 3 seasons are played in the prem

3 hours ago, NottsRam77 said:

I’m sorry, but as long as what I write is legible and easily interpreted I tend not to get too concerned with my grammar on a public forum.

This is my switch off time and really don’t care enough to be grammatically correct. 

when writing to hmrc or the VAT man then yes

Is this a verbal warning or do I need to attend a 45 minute class and get a £60 fine officer lol ?

Just take it as a friendly warning and watch yourself in the future. Mind how you go now, sir .?

2 hours ago, TigerTedd said:

For future reference, he has figuratively disappeared off the face of the earth, not literally. To literally disappear, he would actually have to have popped out of existence. 

It’s a common grammatically mistake, but one that irks a lot of grammar Nazis.

(But not as much as ‘I could care less’ irks me when I hear an American say it. It’s ‘I couldn’t care less you cretin.’ I swear I could kill someone when I hear that. And when I correct them they just say ‘I could care less.’  Aaaaaaaahhhhhhhh!!!!!!!

But I digress.)

Has he not ?

when was he last seen ?

be it in a villa shirt or not?

why so pedantic?  

On 09/07/2018 at 22:34, Mckram said:

Their fans don’t seem concerned....???

And I thought we had big club syndrome at times. Widely reported he was going to West Ham for £100k a week, why on Earth would he have dropped a division, dropped £75k a week, given up on his international ambitions and relocated just to have a crack at the championship playoffs.

Anyway, after last summer centre mid is the last place they need to bolster.

Glancing at their squad they've only really got Chester, Grealish, and maybe Kodjia and Hogan as big assets, and whilst they could net £40m they'd still need to wheel and deal to replace them or have a very miserable season.

That's one less team to worry about. 

As it stands they will still have a very decent squad because they simply haven’t sold anyone and no one is walking out on thier huge contracts - now they may go into administration at some point if they can’t pay debtors but currently thier squad is more than capable of getting results 

4 minutes ago, ilkleyram said:

I'll say one thing for old bum face - he shows every sign so far of sticking it out and helping Villa through their financial and player issues when it might have been easier for him to engineer a move.  Unlike some.

I imagine Villa were rather hoping he would leave of his own accord, so they could get somebody less expensive in.

2 hours ago, ilkleyram said:

I'll say one thing for old bum face - he shows every sign so far of sticking it out and helping Villa through their financial and player issues when it might have been easier for him to engineer a move.  Unlike some.

Or he knows he won't be able to get a better deal elsewhere. It's not like Villa are in a position to sack the guy either and pay him off, the club were probably hoping he'd jump of his own accord. 

On 13/07/2018 at 21:27, Inglorius said:

Or he knows he won't be able to get a better deal elsewhere. It's not like Villa are in a position to sack the guy either and pay him off, the club were probably hoping he'd jump of his own accord. 

Or that someone else would "do a Stoke" and they could have ended up trousering a tidy bit of compo whilst cutting the wage bill.

How fortunate for us that Stoke preferred the silky oratory and lumping it into channels approach of Rowett rather than somebody who's actually won promotions.?

1 hour ago, HantsRam said:

Or that someone else would "do a Stoke" and they could have ended up trousering a tidy bit of compo whilst cutting the wage bill.

How fortunate for us that Stoke preferred the silky oratory and lumping it into channels approach of Rowett rather than somebody who's actually won promotions.?

To be fair to Rowett he has the same number of promotions as Bruce in the last 2 seasons. And Bruce has twice failed with probably the 2nd most expensive side in Championship history.

And still finds himself in the job having failed twice with a ridiculous amount of money spent on the team as Villa now can't afford to sack him, what a situation.

To make matters worse, the kit designed by the fashion designer Villa fan looks crap. 

Archived