Villa need to sell to avoid administration

Woodley Ram

1 hour ago, TigerTedd said:

It’s not even ffp that’s the immediate problem though, is it? That’s still a problem they’ll have to face eventually, but for now it’s imminent administration, they’ve just got no money. 

Sk this isn’t a problem with ffp, it’s a problem with spunking their parachute payments away overspending on average players. So it’s a problem with the parachute payments system. Ironically, parachute payments were put in place specifically to stop clubs running into financial difficulties when they drop into the championship and still have players on premier league contracts. 

Hopefully this will be a wake up call to the league that all parachute payments do is encourage teams to spend, spend, spend to try to get back in the premier league. Not only is that unfair to the other clubs in the league, who don’t have the luxury of a parachute payment, it unnaturally inflates the price of average chaminship players as teams like villa and Newcastle start offering silly money, and if it doesn’t work, this is what happens. 

It's both - they are way over the permitted FFP limits (so have to sell to avoid a transfer embargo and associated penalties) and their owner has cashflow problems so they are struggling to pay their wages and other bills - though as you've pointed out, they're not the first to take the 'spend, spend, spend' approach and they won't be the last - FFP was supposed to prevent them chucking money at the situation (including blowing their parachute payments), but if a club has a genuinely wealthy owner, they can simply decide to take the risk of 'buying' an immediate return to the promised land - football's finances are genuinely screwed and it perhaps needs a big club to go bust to get the message through - though I won't hold my breath....

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Gaspode said:

But when we took a similar approach, FFP wasn't an issue - Villa knew there were serious implications if they didn't get promoted yet stuck two fingers up to the regulations - you could say that we should feel sorry for the genuine fans, but they were enjoying the ride and crowing as they signed every available player last summer - afraid I don't have any sympathy at all.....

Sorry I was on about years ago, 3 amigos etc and even before that, we have been all but out of business a few times due to financial Mis management . I can remember Stuart Webb rushing around trying to keep us from going bust. 

10 hours ago, HantsRam said:

Need to raise  £40m say sky. Brucie worried they'll be selling for less than players worth.......

Now if they have a villa version of Ramblur wouldn't he be saying that if you do that.....you might crystallise FURTHER ffp losses as you write the values down to 0 but have received less cash. 

Could be a nasty feedback loop leading to a death spiral for villa.......

Mwahahahahahahahah......?

They'll be desperate to avoid administration and the points penalty that comes with that. But I can't see them being too worried about a transfer embargo.  Probably perfectly happy to have another tilt at promotion with the squad they have.

Kodja was injured for most of the season. They probably think if they have him back and fit they have a better chance.

2 hours ago, NottsRam77 said:

Thats interesting re grealish

They may have the problem that we have a little too in that clubs know they need/want to get rid of some of their dead wood so offers will be lower than if villa didn’t need to sell, same I suppose goes for grealish unles they can get a bum fight going for him

The thing is last season, they really spent, like really spent, surely they really weren’t neive enough to think it’ll be ok and that’s there’s a chance they might not go up.

i lose track of how many players they have flapping around the club doing nothing, 

i mean Henry Lansbury has literally disappeared off the face of the earth since joining them and he’ll be on a right pretty penny 

I think you will find it is a Bun Fight. Unless you do things different in Notts. ?

3 hours ago, NottsRam77 said:

The thing is last season, they really spent, like really spent, surely they really weren’t neive enough to think it’ll be ok and that’s there’s a chance they might not go up.

Oh don’t know, they had big club mentality. My Villa friends start of the season were like kids in a candy shop, I want, I want. They really believed they were going to storm the league with all the talent on their books.

Lets face it, they gambled and failed. I’ve sympathy for the fans but the club itself was plain reckless and now they have a new reality.

Pity some of these rules and regulations weren't around/imposed when Leicester City had their woes. They got away with it and ruined several businesses in the process.

This is why I'm probably the only one on the planet who resent their success.

And the fact that I have to live amongst the bar stewards.

1 minute ago, Phoenix said:

Pity some of these rules and regulations weren't around/imposed when Leicester City had their woes. They got away with it and ruined several businesses in the process.

This is why I'm probably the only one on the planet who resent their success.

And the fact that I have to live amongst the bar stewards.

You're not the only one.

6 hours ago, NottsRam77 said:

Thats interesting re grealish

They may have the problem that we have a little too in that clubs know they need/want to get rid of some of their dead wood so offers will be lower than if villa didn’t need to sell, same I suppose goes for grealish unles they can get a bum fight going for him

The thing is last season, they really spent, like really spent, surely they really weren’t neive enough to think it’ll be ok and that’s there’s a chance they might not go up.

i lose track of how many players they have flapping around the club doing nothing, 

i mean Henry Lansbury has literally disappeared off the face of the earth since joining them and he’ll be on a right pretty penny 

3 hours ago, BathRam72 said:

I think you will find it is a Bun Fight. Unless you do things different in Notts. ?

And while we're in grammar police mode, Henry Lansbury hasn't literally disappeared off the face of the earth.

Completely agree with your post though.

4 hours ago, Grimbeard said:

And while we're in grammar police mode, Henry Lansbury hasn't literally disappeared off the face of the earth.

Completely agree with your post though.

I’m sorry, but as long as what I write is legible and easily interpreted I tend not to get too concerned with my grammar on a public forum.

This is my switch off time and really don’t care enough to be grammatically correct. 

when writing to hmrc or the VAT man then yes

Is this a verbal warning or do I need to attend a 45 minute class and get a £60 fine officer lol ?

4 hours ago, Grimbeard said:

What do you mean "what"? Just pointing out to Notts Ram that Lansbury hasn't literally disappeared from the face of the Earth.

Last time I checked it was a figure of speech? 

I don’t know if i have missed something here lol 

10 hours ago, TigerTedd said:

It’s not even ffp that’s the immediate problem though, is it? That’s still a problem they’ll have to face eventually, but for now it’s imminent administration, they’ve just got no money. 

Sk this isn’t a problem with ffp, it’s a problem with spunking their parachute payments away overspending on average players. So it’s a problem with the parachute payments system. Ironically, parachute payments were put in place specifically to stop clubs running into financial difficulties when they drop into the championship and still have players on premier league contracts. 

Hopefully this will be a wake up call to the league that all parachute payments do is encourage teams to spend, spend, spend to try to get back in the premier league. Not only is that unfair to the other clubs in the league, who don’t have the luxury of a parachute payment, it unnaturally inflates the price of average chaminship players as teams like villa and Newcastle start offering silly money, and if it doesn’t work, this is what happens. 

they've been caught in a ffp / parachute payment trap.

the ffp allowance drops from £36m to £13m at the same time that their income from parachute payments drops from £31m to £17m?

that a double whammy amounting to a £37m hit.

19 hours ago, HantsRam said:

Need to raise  £40m say sky. Brucie worried they'll be selling for less than players worth.......

Now if they have a villa version of Ramblur wouldn't he be saying that if you do that.....you might crystallise FURTHER ffp losses as you write the values down to 0 but have received less cash. 

Could be a nasty feedback loop leading to a death spiral for villa.......

Mwahahahahahahahah......?

Well that £4 million plus wages for landsbury sure saved us a hell of a lot of money

Archived