Villa need to sell to avoid administration

Woodley Ram

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Woodley Ram said:

As per Bruce on Sky Sports, looks like they are I’m a worse position than we thought 

Wow!!! 

Ridiculous that they were in the Playoff Final.

Speculation.to disintegration? 

Nah we all new they were in the poo. Fully deserved, buying everyone they possible can without thinking about the consequences. 

Saying that hopefully they will get it sorted for all the creditors and normal staff on normal salaries that tend to be the ones that get shafted.

ps..... hourihane and Kodja for £5 mil?!?!

1 minute ago, EnigmaRam said:

Nah we all new they were in the poo. Fully deserved, buying everyone they possible can without thinking about the consequences. 

Saying that hopefully they will get it sorted for all the creditors and normal staff on normal salaries that tend to be the ones that get shafted.

ps..... hourihane and Kodja for £5 mil?!?!

Why pay so much lol?

Need to raise  £40m say sky. Brucie worried they'll be selling for less than players worth.......

Now if they have a villa version of Ramblur wouldn't he be saying that if you do that.....you might crystallise FURTHER ffp losses as you write the values down to 0 but have received less cash. 

Could be a nasty feedback loop leading to a death spiral for villa.......

Mwahahahahahahahah......?

3 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

For my second paragraph mate. It’s always the office workers etc that get shafted and the small businesses that supply them if they go up poo creek

The ..mate..bit sounds aggressive ...the rest I can live with if not agree with. Text can often be taken the wrong way

11 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

Need to raise  £40m say sky. Brucie worried they'll be selling for less than players worth.......

Now if they have a villa version of Ramblur wouldn't he be saying that if you do that.....you might crystallise FURTHER ffp losses as you write the values down to 0 but have received less cash. 

Could be a nasty feedback loop leading to a death spiral for villa.......

Mwahahahahahahahah......?

Villa increasingly looking like they are about to become the next Portsmouth.

7 minutes ago, Woodley Ram said:

The ..mate..bit sounds aggressive ...the rest I can live with if not agree with. Text can often be taken the wrong way

Not at all mate ? Would have called you something else if I was being aggressive!! ?

https://mobile.twitter.com/SwissRamble

For 2018/19, #AVFC parachute payment falls from £34m to £17m. If we assume no other changes and zero profit on player sales, we can see how much money Villa need to find to meet FFP limit of £39m. The shortfall is £45m, which must be made up by cuts in wage bill or player sales.

A pity we haven't got any money, because villa need to sell players quickly.

Grealish will probably raise half of what they need. 

Stoke could pinch a couple more.

Looks a bit grim though. 

6 hours ago, TigerTedd said:

Except Portsmouth actually won something with all the money they spent before imploding. 

Suppose Villa got to Wembley a couple of times, as you have to include the cup final against Arsenal, since even then they were spewing cash on poor signings.

This has been a gradual decline into full on poo or bust signings last season. My Villa mates are facing reality and know they are in for a long struggle.

Seen a few mentions of Grealish, one of my mates know the family, he doesn’t really want to go, his family are staunch Villa season ticket holders for many years. He’s prepared to stay as has 2 years left on his contract and considers himself young enough not to have to move. But he’s said if it’s for the good of the club he will do, at least that’s what he’s or they are putting out there.

Would love Derby to go for that Adomah. But geniunley it’s sad to see. This is why I appreciate Mel, rather have a conserved spending Derby rather than  Aston villa just buying players for the fun of it expecting promotion 

it always comes back round to bite you I suppose ! 

2 minutes ago, Zag zig said:

Suppose Villa got to Wembley a couple of times, as you have to include the cup final against Arsenal, since even then they were spewing cash on poor signings.

This has been a gradual decline into full on poo or bust signings last season. My Villa mates are facing reality and know they are in for a long struggle.

Seen a few mentions of Grealish, one of my mates know the family, he doesn’t really want to go, his family are staunch Villa season ticket holders for many years. He’s prepared to stay as has 2 years left on his contract and considers himself young enough not to have to move. But he’s said if it’s for the good of the club he will do, at least that’s what he’s or they are putting out there.

Thats interesting re grealish

They may have the problem that we have a little too in that clubs know they need/want to get rid of some of their dead wood so offers will be lower than if villa didn’t need to sell, same I suppose goes for grealish unles they can get a bum fight going for him

The thing is last season, they really spent, like really spent, surely they really weren’t neive enough to think it’ll be ok and that’s there’s a chance they might not go up.

i lose track of how many players they have flapping around the club doing nothing, 

i mean Henry Lansbury has literally disappeared off the face of the earth since joining them and he’ll be on a right pretty penny 

9 minutes ago, Woodley Ram said:

Given our past when we spent years in this sort of mess I have sympathy for them, at the end of the day I do t ha ve a problem with Villa, other clubs maybe not so sympathetic 

that given we could do with some cheap players 

But when we took a similar approach, FFP wasn't an issue - Villa knew there were serious implications if they didn't get promoted yet stuck two fingers up to the regulations - you could say that we should feel sorry for the genuine fans, but they were enjoying the ride and crowing as they signed every available player last summer - afraid I don't have any sympathy at all.....

24 minutes ago, Gaspode said:

But when we took a similar approach, FFP wasn't an issue - Villa knew there were serious implications if they didn't get promoted yet stuck two fingers up to the regulations - you could say that we should feel sorry for the genuine fans, but they were enjoying the ride and crowing as they signed every available player last summer - afraid I don't have any sympathy at all.....

It’s not even ffp that’s the immediate problem though, is it? That’s still a problem they’ll have to face eventually, but for now it’s imminent administration, they’ve just got no money. 

Sk this isn’t a problem with ffp, it’s a problem with spunking their parachute payments away overspending on average players. So it’s a problem with the parachute payments system. Ironically, parachute payments were put in place specifically to stop clubs running into financial difficulties when they drop into the championship and still have players on premier league contracts. 

Hopefully this will be a wake up call to the league that all parachute payments do is encourage teams to spend, spend, spend to try to get back in the premier league. Not only is that unfair to the other clubs in the league, who don’t have the luxury of a parachute payment, it unnaturally inflates the price of average chaminship players as teams like villa and Newcastle start offering silly money, and if it doesn’t work, this is what happens. 

Archived