Martyn Waghorny - Signed on a 3 year deal

Carnero

Been on the Forest forum and they are slagging us right off for saying we "Over payed" for a player like Waghorn etc etc. 

They sign Grabban and think hes gods gift. He didn't play more than 20 mins against Bristol City and did bugger all against WBA.

Last season -

Waghorn - 16 Goals, 13 Assits - Involved in 29 goals in 46 games

Grabban - 20 Goals, 1 Assist - Involved in 21 goals in 38 games

I know who id rather had. As a loan striker you need to make chances for yourself and others. Waghorn has done that, Im happy we signed him....

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Edtheram said:

Been on the Forest forum and they are slagging us right off for saying we "Over payed" for a player like Waghorn etc etc. 

They sign Grabban and think hes gods gift. He didn't play more than 20 mins against Bristol City and did bugger all against WBA.

Last season -

Waghorn - 16 Goals, 13 Assits - Involved in 29 goals in 46 games

Grabban - 20 Goals, 1 Assist - Involved in 21 goals in 38 games

I know who id rather had. As a loan striker you need to make chances for yourself and others. Waghorn has done that, Im happy we signed him....

One cost £4 million rising, one cost £6 million rising. 

One has far more contributions than the other. 

One is 28, one is 30.

One will be on far less wages than the other. 

Whichever way you look at it, we've come out better on the striker front. Plus we have a Marriott at our disposal, like to see them trump that one. 

Just now, RamLad1884 said:

One cost £4 million rising, one cost £6 million rising. 

One has far more contributions than the other. 

One is 28, one is 30.

One will be on far less wages than the other. 

Whichever way you look at it, we've come out better on the striker front. Plus we have a Marriott at our disposal, like to see them trump that one. 

Not to mention Bennett a promising youth player and David (i score goals v forest) Nugent as back up to them 2.....Haven't seen brereton recently....

On 09/08/2018 at 00:08, Minneapolis American ITFC said:

Pleased in a sense this issue is done with.   Seemed to drag on a little too much and maybe the agreed price is satisfactory.    Five million to begin with and further amounts to arrive if correct.      Pity is, it leaves us without a recognized forward going into the fall.    Yeah we got other attacking options available but believe me they're not really up to much.     Bringing in some new faces to cover other areas of the squad but Hurst is raiding his old club Shrewsbury for additions.   Bottom line not really enthralled about the way we're doing business right now although some of the fanbase seem content enough.

I'd wish Waghorn well at Derby County but he's no longer our player, not our concern.   Yes he leaves a considerable void that requires suitable replacement but time is running out in the transfer opportunity to find someone reliable.   Be interesting to see how Waghorn fits in with you, obviously he possesses a desire to be part of a team that can compete, a greater chance of achievement.   No hard feelings. 

We've sseveral fforwards aavailable aas loans. Goal machine Blackman, abdominal issue martin, CamJam,

Archived