Martyn Waghorny - Signed on a 3 year deal

Carnero

13 minutes ago, DcfcJB said:

I’m getting the feeling we are buying too many... I’ve backed all of Franks buys so far and I was behind this one when I thought Vydra was off to Leeds but we will have a squad of about 35 players when this completes with no one interested in any of our players.... I can see this going wrong because we don’t seem to be buying any sort of balance, we could do with a competitive player for Bryson’s role and a full back. Waghorn is definitely a good player in the championship but where does he play I know he can play on the wing cutting in on his left but I’m also excited about Wilson. It looks as if we are trying to buy our success again rather than investing in the shrewd signings we have made so far.  However I would be much happier if we could get some strikers off our books as well.

Waghorn would be our first choice striker, it's already been reported previously that this would be the case with Marriott as back up as he is seen as more of a long term investment. That then leaves 1 of Nugent, Jerome, Vydra + Martin as 3rd choice, my choice would be Jerome.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When we played Ipswich away last season he was easily their best player and put in some brilliant crosses. Our fans gave him lots of stick that day - not sure why. I’m delighted he’s joining us but it does signal the end for Nugent, Jerome and Martin. 

The energy of our strikeforce is going to be crucial to the way Lampard wants to play and now he has lots of options.

21 minutes ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

No fickleness here @jimbobram

I think the same as yesterday, not impressed by this one little bit! For exactly the same reasons given yesterday  

Happy to be proved wrong, but at this point my opinion is unequivocally unimpressed by this just as yesterday and before. 

That's fair enough Ted but it wasn't what the poster said

9 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Waghorn would be our first choice striker, it's already been reported previously that this would be the case with Marriott as back up as he is seen as more of a long term investment. That then leaves 1 of Nugent, Jerome, Vydra + Martin as 3rd choice, my choice would be Jerome.

You need two top strikers to get out of this league, I'm not sure that it's a case of 'first choice' rather Marriott and Waghorn will be competing for the start each week. The way Mason Bennett has been praised of late makes me think he's our third choice striker for the season. 

5 minutes ago, RamLad1884 said:

You need two top strikers to get out of this league, I'm not sure that it's a case of 'first choice' rather Marriott and Waghorn will be competing for the start each week. The way Mason Bennett has been praised of late makes me think he's our third choice striker for the season. 

You're probably right that its between Marriott + Waghorn but I would expect Waghorn to be our main striker. The issue with Marriott, Waghorn + Bennett is that they're all pretty similar style of player, for me our 3rd choice needs to give us a different option. Bennett can play anywhere across the front 3 so is a good option to have.

6 minutes ago, RamLad1884 said:

|Mason Bennet this season has looked completly different. We always knew he had potential but now im hoping we are actually going to see this. His cross was superb and he brought the energy that you need for the last 10-15 minuites of the game. think hell get a lot of playing time under Frank

19 minutes ago, kingsy1884 said:

Our accountants should get in the team of the season if we avoid FFP.

I guess they better get creative for now haha. 

Why are you worrying your pretty little head about such things, dear?

33 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Waghorn, marriot then Bennett? Nuge in there aswell maybe.

martin vydra Jerome and Blackman our the door?

just my assumption 

2 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

Waghorn, marriot then Bennett? Nuge in there aswell maybe.

martin vydra Jerome and Blackman our the door?

just my assumption 

The problem is are they going to go? Martin has this abdominal problem which ruined his reading loan spell and is still a problem now. Only QPR were linked with him, are they really going to take a gamble on a player who could miss large parts of the season.

Vydra isn't linked to anyone else other than Leeds. The only other 'links' are made up from us presuming stoke will go for him and west brom once Rondon is on his way.

Jerome's Preston link was as Trump would say 'FAKE NEWS'

Blackman....I don't need to say anything else

1 minute ago, jimbobram said:

The problem is are they going to go? Martin has this abdominal problem which ruined his reading loan spell and is still a problem now. Only QPR were linked with him, are they really going to take a gamble on a player who could miss large parts of the season.

Vydra isn't linked to anyone else other than Leeds. The only other 'links' are made up from us presuming stoke will go for him and west brom once Rondon is on his way.

Jerome's Preston link was as Trump would say 'FAKE NEWS'

Blackman....I don't need to say anything else

You’d have to ask the club. I did say my assumption. If they want game time they will go. Could also be a loan or loan to permanent. 

Let's just all enjoy this season as Franks already brought both a new optimism and excitement which we not experienced for many a year.

Let the people  who know and get paid to manage the club worry about FFP. 

I like most supporters I just want them to play good football and win end of 

It’s exciting for sure but there must be something going on in the background.

we are almost at the point of fielding a team of “strikers”

Vydra

Lawrence

Jerome

Blackman

Martin

Nugent 

Bennett

Waghorn 

Marriot

2 minutes ago, RedSox said:

Not looking good, Nostradamus.....5 mins to go.?

He was never going to be able to get up to Middlesbrough by 2:00 pm.

2 minutes ago, eddie said:

He was never going to be able to get up to Middlesbrough by 2:00 pm.

How long exactly DOES it take to get to Middlesborough? Considering that it exists in its own time bubble, separated from the rest of the planet by 40 years? Perhaps Doctor Who can give him a lift the next time he heads back to 1978?

Archived