Martyn Waghorny - Signed on a 3 year deal

Carnero

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And let’s be honest if Rowett hadn’t come in, got him playing with confidence in the right position this season we would have made an awful loss ( or been stuck with him for the rest of his contract being relatively valueless) that would have meant this summer would have been even worse for lack of activity and improvement to the squad

29 minutes ago, DontTrustTheDevilInside said:

And let’s be honest if Rowett hadn’t come in, got him playing with confidence in the right position this season we would have made an awful loss ( or been stuck with him for the rest of his contract being relatively valueless) that would have meant this summer would have been even worse for lack of activity and improvement to the squad

So just to be clear, when he was not playing well it was down to the chairman but when he played well it was down to the manager? Seems fair.

3 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

So just to be clear, when he was not playing well it was down to the chairman but when he played well it was down to the manager? Seems fair.

Bad signing regardless... chairman/manager/the scouting team (the other are appointed by chairman)

Tactically not getting the best out of him... bad management of the player by the managers at the time

tactically getting the best out of him... good management by rowett

as much as he is rumoured to have tried to pick the team... he doesn’t

transfer strategy and signing off a club record signing almost definitely he does have a significant say

Scouting network has discovered Portman Road then? Looking for the next Tom Lawrence.

Remember he was a really good prospect 8 or 9 years ago but kept getting bumped around and lost his way.  Seems a pattern whereby he has a good first season at clubs before tailing off and moving on.

At 28 and in a team where he will get service he may be a relatively inexpensive but viable (safe) option, but he doesn't excite me.

1 hour ago, DontTrustTheDevilInside said:

Who’s angry... but if you think our transfer dealing in the last few years have been well ran you’re on cloud cuckoo land and some accountability has to go to the top. 

Absolutely agree - exactly why Sam Rush was sacked and sued, isn’t it? Well, pretty much. 

Vydra is probably the last person you would throw that at, though. 

On 09/07/2018 at 17:19, DontTrustTheDevilInside said:

Is your head up mels arse? Mel signed off on the wages Vydra is on at the worst level of his form. He’s now coming off the form of his life and another club won’t pay him the same or more depending on the rumours you believe? But no it would never be mels fault, he only sprinkles magic dust and has nothing to do with any poor decisions at the club

I T MIGHT BE ME BUT ISNT THIS POST ABOUT TRANSFERS AND KEEPING TO THAT IF YOU HATE THE CHAIRMAN WHY NOT TRANSFER TO ANOTHER CLUB? OR ARE YOU SPINELESS AS WELL JUST FOR THE RECORD I AM SURE MEL HAS PUT MORE MONEY INTO THE RAMS THAN YOU(UNDERSTABLE)ALSO HES PROBABLY WATCH TH RAMS MORE THAN YOU

On 09/07/2018 at 17:19, DontTrustTheDevilInside said:

Is your head up mels arse? Mel signed off on the wages Vydra is on at the worst level of his form. He’s now coming off the form of his life and another club won’t pay him the same or more depending on the rumours you believe? But no it would never be mels fault, he only sprinkles magic dust and has nothing to do with any poor decisions at the club

Take ya blouse off FFS

3 hours ago, TommyPowel said:

I T MIGHT BE ME BUT ISNT THIS POST ABOUT TRANSFERS AND KEEPING TO THAT IF YOU HATE THE CHAIRMAN WHY NOT TRANSFER TO ANOTHER CLUB? OR ARE YOU SPINELESS AS WELL JUST FOR THE RECORD I AM SURE MEL HAS PUT MORE MONEY INTO THE RAMS THAN YOU(UNDERSTABLE)ALSO HES PROBABLY WATCH TH RAMS MORE THAN YOU

No need to shout!

Archived