Martyn Waghorny - Signed on a 3 year deal

Carnero

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, jimbobram said:

f sake. From Abraham/Mariott to Waghorn

Looking at it in another light:

Great! From a lad who only scored 5 goals last season and lost his place in an awful Swansea side/ A lad who's not proven in the Championship and is a massive risk, to the player with the highest goal contributions in the whole of the Championship last season, despite playing in an awful Ipswich side

(I'd still rather have Abraham or Marriott, but Waghorn is a very good player) 

3 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

Great! From a lad who only scored 5 goals last season and lost his place in an awful Swansea side/ A lad who's not proven in the Championship and is a massive risk, to the player with the highest goal contributions in the whole of the Championship last season, despite playing in an awful Ipswich side

How can you make such a strong argument for Waghorn being the better choice, but then ignore your own very convincing argument and say you'd still rather have Marriott or Abraham anyway? Haha.

Makes me really pissed off when I look at some of our fans reaction on twitter to this. 

From the local Leeds press it appears that Vydra has asked for more money. Is that Lampards fault? No. Is it Morris fault? No. But according to our fans it is. 

Leeds are the only club in for him. If they feel his wage demands are too high. Then what on earth can we do about it? 

Also Burke. Apparently we really hard up now cos we can't afford Burke or convince him to come here over Hull. 

As far as I'm aware the only paper to say we were in for Burke is the Sun? 

Just now, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Makes me really pissed off when I look at some of our fans reaction on twitter to this. 

From the local Leeds press it appears that Vydra has asked for more money. Is that Lampards fault? No. Is it Morris fault? No. But according to our fans it is. 

Leeds are the only club in for him. If they feel his wage demands are too high. Then what on earth can we do about it? 

Also Burke. Apparently we really hard up now cos we can't afford Burke or convince him to come here over Hull. 

And more importantly, if reports are to be believed, it was a playing-time issue and nothing to do with our negotiating or our ability to afford his wages.

2 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

To be fair the exwhuemployee is very reliable, and said everything the sun said before they reported it. And it appears that his decision is based on game time, rather than money, so fair play to him

12 minutes ago, LB_DCFC said:

F sake. from 26 goals+assists in championship/ never played in championship to 27 goals+assists in championship. F sake

Are you counting waghorns goals from his championship career ? caus he never got 27 last year did he

8 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

I know you reacted to my previous reply to this with a laughing emoji... but I'm actually genuinely interested!

How come you'd rather have Marriott? 

2 minutes ago, jimbobram said:

Are you counting waghorns goals from his championship career ? caus he never got 27 last year did he

15 minutes ago, LB_DCFC said:

F sake. from 26 goals+assists in championship/ never played in championship to 27 goals+assists in championship. F sake

2 minutes ago, GadFly said:

How can you make such a strong argument for Waghorn being the better choice, but then ignore your own very convincing argument and say you'd still rather have Marriott or Abraham anyway? Haha.

I'd prefer Marriott because he's a lot younger and would like bring the club more money in the future whereas Waghorn is at the age where I doubt we could really make a profit on him, even if he continued his recent form (although I've not seen any mention of how much he'd cost us).

And I'd prefer Abraham just because I watched quite a lot of Bristol City when he was there because I've got a few mates who support them and he was just way too good for this level. Even at 18 he was bullying defenders and I just think if we could somehow get him here he'd once again be one of, if not the top scorer in the league. 

But if we're playing 2 up front I think Waghorn would be a great purchase to partner someone like Marriott. And I actually think Vydra and Waghorn could form a decent partnership. I've not watched tons of Ipswich, but I get the feeling he's like a much better version of Nugent, works his socks off but is a lot more skilled.

6 minutes ago, thederbyram said:

And more importantly, if reports are to be believed, it was a playing-time issue and nothing to do with our negotiating or our ability to afford his wages.

Exactly mate. I don't believe anything unless it's from our local paper or by John Percy. 

But if that is true. He wants to play regular football and we can't offer that. Then fine. 

7 minutes ago, LB_DCFC said:

To be fair the exwhuemployee is very reliable, and said everything the sun said before they reported it. And it appears that his decision is based on game time, rather than money, so fair play to him

Fair enough mate. 

Did he say it before the sun? 

2 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Fair enough mate. 

Did he say it before the sun? 

sun reports of interest first, but confirmed that talks had broken down between Derby and Burke and that he was going to hull before the sun. I'd say he's trustworthy

Absolutely yes to this one, he is a Jamie Ward with hamstrings and yes we would play him wide right I would expect 

he would not be playing central at all in my opinion - this would be a very good signing and he can take an excellent set piece.

we all know clough was able to spot a diamond and he wanted this one a lot if people need a recommendation 

Archived