HantsRam

A Trip to Trump-ton

1 hour ago, 86 points said:

So the masked guys flinging Nazi salutes, spitting and swearing at anyone not looking like them were there for peaceful protest? Do you have any comprehension as to how stupid that sounds? You always try to claim that your posts seek to provide balance and yet every single one carries the same message. Man the ***k up and say what you mean. It's not like it's not obvious already.

3 minutes ago, 86 points said:

What a pile of mealy-mouthed shizzle. You're just here to act as a moral compass? Really?!?

Best we just ignore each other mate. I can't take you seriously at all.

So when you asked me to say what I mean you didn't really want a reply?

Not trying to be anyone's moral compass, you guys can debate, through abuse and name call all you want.  If I read something that I know to be one-sided however I will respond with a valid counter argument, as is my right on a public forum. And I will be civil when I do so.

I have never put anyone on ignore, and never will do.  But if you want to ignore me, go ahead - might save me from wasting my time in future.

22 minutes ago, StivePesley said:

This is the greatest moment of my life! Being accused of not arguing in good faith by the king of the all time dcfcfans sh**posters, who has never argued a single thing in good faith ever, because he doesn't actually stand for anything other than arguing against anyone who isn't right-wing, and goes mysteriously silent whenever he is shown for what he is

qv

Yet....

Nope - I clearly gave it as a random example. What entire group did it smear, and where did I say that? What do that "entire group" stand for and do you agree with them?

Not like you've EVER tried to paint the whole of Islam in any particular light though, based on random examples eh? I mean - you're not a hypocrite right?

I don't stand for anything? 

I have pointed on numerous occasions you have no principles and you don't even seen to understand the benefit of having principles. As I've already said, in recent months you have achieved @McRamFan levels of projection.

Goes mysteriously silent = not condemning every instance of racism (white racism, black racism is fine) and sexism (male sexism, female sexism is fine). If you want to get into dick measuring contests with racists then don't think I'm compelled to join in. But when you get in a tizz about some horrible people and then wax lyrical about some other horrible people I'll be here pointing out how biased you are.

There is no entire group  that the point. But i wouldn't want to 'look like I'm the opposite of not wanting to see fascism on the streets'. I mean nobody does look like that but that doesn't stop you implying differently.

No I never have tried to paint the whole of Islam in one particular light. That was such an obvious thing I knew you were going to say. Some Islamic sects are worse than others, a statement I've been quite consistent on. They're all poo though.

Just now, 86 points said:

Does this mean our date is cancelled? 

No.

But don't write what you did in a PM, and then the next day start doing the same thing again, which caused you to PM me.

2 minutes ago, maxjam said:

I'll defend everyones right to protest peacefully, be they far-right, far-left and everything in between.

No. Being far right is not an acceptable part of the political spectrum. It comprises views and actions which have been deemed to be against the law, and with good reason. 

Being anti fascist is not the polar opposite of being a fascist, it is the default position of any member of a civilised society. 

That this even needs to be said, on a Derby County forum is pretty disturbing really. 

Posted (edited)
Just now, 86 points said:

One is satire (no matter how puerile it may have been), the other is a racial slur, as you put it. The problem with your claim to moral balance is that you are wholly unable to differentiate between the two. Can't think why...  

Or maybe its his performance as Mayor of London.  His race/religion doesn't buy him a free pass to criticism.

Edited by maxjam

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

You're equating Islam with fascism? 

Nope pointing out the legitimising of violence in your post and you can twist it any way you like it is the simple pointing out that anybody bringing violence to the streets of our towns and cities is beyond defending or excusing ,, that’s what we have police and laws for ,yet you make excuses for the side you feel more affiliation with for that kind of lawlessness and then when anybody points out the flaw and hypocrisy in that the next tactic will be to accuse those who point it out of being racist , right wing or any other that suits

Edited by archied

Just now, Lambchop said:

No. Being far right is not an acceptable part of the political spectrum. It comprises views and actions which have been deemed to be against the law, and with good reason. 

Being anti fascist is not the polar opposite of being a fascist, it is the default position of any member of a civilised society. 

That this even needs to be said, on a Derby County forum is pretty disturbing really. 

Well I'd prefer to talk to people and get their problems out in the open.  Not force them underground.

As for the anti fascist antifa mob, I strongly disagree that violence no matter which side it comes from is justifiable.

1 minute ago, maxjam said:

So when you asked me to say what I mean you didn't really want a reply?

Not trying to be anyone's moral compass, you guys can debate, through abuse and name call all you want.  If I read something that I know to be one-sided however I will respond with a valid counter argument, as is my right on a public forum. And I will be civil when I do so.

I have never put anyone on ignore, and never will do.  But if you want to ignore me, go ahead - might save me from wasting my time in future.

When I asked you to say what you meant it was a request for you to stop pretending that you have no axe to grind and simply state your case, not trot out the same speech yet again. You only seek balance where you feel the right are being oppressed whether you care to admit it or not, never the opposite, though when called out you'll, by default, seek to claim the middleground.

As I've stated before, you're fooling no one. Those who hold differing opinions to mine I can at least respect for actively voicing those views, even if I despise their ideologies. It's those who hide behind a veneer of civility that really grind my gears.

I'm going to leave it there as I think we've both made our positions clear; East and West and never the twain shall meet.

7 minutes ago, Norman said:

No.

But don't write what you did in a PM, and then the next day start doing the same thing again, which caused you to PM me.

It's not personal this time mate. I went after you on a personal level, ignoring what pissed me off in the first place. That's why I apologised. It wasn't my finest moment. This is very different and there'll be no apology issued this time around.

I have drawn a line under the argument in any case. 

15 minutes ago, maxjam said:

Or maybe its his performance as Mayor of London.  His race/religion doesn't buy him a free pass to criticism.

So now you're saying the choice of a pig was coincidental having admitted it was a 'racial slur' in an earlier post. You're tying yourself in knots trying to appear unbiased and this is exactly why I called you out in the first place. Anyway, I'm now in full on rant mode and in danger of wrecking another thread so I'll leave you be. 

Don’t sit on the sidelines, let your voice be heard!

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.