Reece Burke - Signed for Hull City

DcFc Dyycheee

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, Edtheram said:

Hes been a great servant for the club but he is just too inconsistent, you never know which Keogh will turn up. Like Martin and Bryson that 2014 season is long gone so time to move on

You mean the season which no-one seems prepared to forgive him for?

Defence as a whole had a poor patch this season - But up until February they were pretty much the best defensive pairing in the championship

27 minutes ago, DcfcJack said:

Surely this means we have another season of Keogh and Davies ahead of us, I’ve got nothing against keogh but I think it’s time we moved on.

Why when Keogh's one of the best defenders in the Championship?

Not a position I'd say we were in desperate need of sorting anyway. Saying that, If it was a choice of him or Huth, I think I'd rather a 21 year old with potential. Never mind. Back to looking for strikers and energetic midfielders please

2 hours ago, Mr Giggles said:

Was he at Bolton?

I hadn't woken up when I sent that message. Ignore me.

26 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

Why when Keogh's one of the best defenders in the Championship?

One of the best according to who though?  I’m looking at it from both sides but if he was one of the best, wouldn’t a premier league club have snapped him by now?

3 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

You can't really blame Burke, if we really did tell him that he would be 3rd or 4th choice, it was hardly an incentive to join.

I disagree. If he's anything about him (and he's only 21) then to show the manager that he can be good enough to claim a regular starting place should be an incentive.

If that's his reason for not joining Derby then I for one am not that bothered.

1 minute ago, McLovin said:

One of the best according to who though?  I’m looking at it from both sides but if he was one of the best, wouldn’t a premier league club have snapped him by now?

To me obviously - my opinion! So Carson isn't good enough for any club in the PL on that basis?

1 minute ago, Wolfie20 said:

To me obviously - my opinion! So Carson isn't good enough for any club in the PL on that basis?

Probably not to be honest. The only premier league team linked with Carson that we know of has been Brighton and that’s only to be as a number 2. Maybe we rate certain players too highly. I’m of the view that players can always be improved upon. I’m not saying that Keogh’s a bad player or one of this constant bashers but Keogh isn’t getting any younger. Keogh and Davies is an old championship centre back pairing.

Whilst they did well last season, both would probably be better alongside a young centre back who can cover them as they are losing their pace. Reading away sticks out in my mind. We tried to play a higher line and Keogh and Davies got absolutely destroyed on the counter attack with their lack of mobility. Maybe that’s why Rowett most of the time played conservative because he tried to hide certain players’ flaws? I dunno it’s just a theory.

59 minutes ago, MidWalesRam said:

Keogh is one of the best centre backs in the Championship, its a case of 'be careful what you wish for'

I agree that he’s a good defender but don’t think he’s one of the best in the championship by a long shot, far to inconsistent really, shows his quality in some games and costs us in others. Just think we need to move away from the failures of the past and to do that need to move on from keogh (Just to say I’m not one of these people that hate on keogh, I have much respect for him but we need a breath of fresh air).

Archived