Bugger all happening

oldtimeram

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
45 minutes ago, belperram9 said:

I was half tempted to go over and tell him to start doing his job and sort some transfers out.

I can't believe you didn't go over there! Next time get over there and give him a piece.

51 minutes ago, belperram9 said:

I was at the c**k Inn Mugginton last night. Frank and Christine were also there, along with their entourage. They appeared to be enjoying themselves. I was half tempted to go over and tell him to start doing his job and sort some transfers out. To be honest I’ve been very frustrated with the current set up and how they are conducting things. To me everything is all too nicey nicey, Given and especially Morris appear too paly with the players, and to me personally things aren’t being taken that seriously. We have an ageing squad and I doubt they will have the same warmth to the management team as say a young lad would do. I am green with envy watching Forest sign top players. Guarantee Karanka hasn’t had time to swan off to fancy pubs, instead he’s been doing a job and looking at improving the squad.

There’s only one c**k Inn this post.

I suspected this window would have been a patient one.

Vydra not going may either be a blessing or a curse, but we have cleared some big earners off the scale with those going on free transfers (Baird, Shackell, Bent), plus Weimann.

Raft of players returning from loans, plus the academy players, the current squad, leaves plenty of work for Frank et al to do, to understand what we have, what we don't. We've not had a preseason friendly yet, either.

Don't get me wrong, I would have like to have seen more done, but I understand why progress has been 'slow'.

4 hours ago, David said:

It's fairly quiet all over, only a handful that are chucking the money around.

0 Swansea, Villa, Derby, Sheff Wed

1 WBA, Millwall, Sheff Utd, Leeds, QPR, Birmingham

2 Boro, Brentord, Ipswich, Blackburn

3+ Preston, Bristol City, Norwich, Forest, Hull, Reading, Bolton, Wigan, Rotherham, Stoke

Over half the league haven't spent anything on permanent signings and brought in 2 or fewer players

(Figures taken from Transfermarkt)

Forest £27.1m
Stoke £20.70m
Boro £13.7m
Bristol City £9.05m
WBA £7.35m
Norwich £3.02m
Brentford £2.85m
Birmingham £2.5m
Hull £1.7m
Reading £1.35m
Preston £1.1m
Blackburn £0
Rotherham £0
Wigan £0
Bolton £0
QPR £0
Leeds £0
Ipswich Town £0
Sheff Utd £0
Millwall £0
Swansea £0
Villa £0
Derby £0
Sheff Wed £0

24 minutes ago, AshfieldRam said:

My worry is; the teams in and around us are strengthening. Even the teams well below us are chucking lots of money at things.  

See above.

2 hours ago, Jayram said:

Mate, you sound like a spoilt child! This isn't Football Manager 2018 - the club has pissed its money up the wall for the last 4 years and now faces a hammering from FFP. The new manager has only had a couple of weeks to assess the squad and see what he needs, so don't expect a rash of stellar signings; it isn't going to happen, especially as it seems Vydra is pricing himself out of a move due to his alleged wage demands.

I'd rather we took things slowly and made the right signings at the right time. If that means a boring transfer window then so be it.

Exactly, well said?stay cool Rams fans all will happen soon enough

I personally wasn't worried at first, I thought a week away get to know the squad, then see what they think we need.

However really am starting to worry now, it looks like they are trying to sign but keep hitting stumbling blocks.

Are we leaving it too late, as pre season is a key to gel new players, if their eventually are any. nothing happening tonight, so watch England and check tomorrow  fingers crossed.

Yes preseason is the time to gel new players in but I guess it depends on how many signings we make, for example it wont take as long for 3 signings to gel in as it would 6 or 7 like forest have done. Also if we got a few loans from Chelsea you would think they would help each other settle too even more so if Palmer is one coming back.

Still not all doom and gloom, I will start to worry if all our targets start gping elsewhere.

18 hours ago, belperram9 said:

I was at the c**k Inn Mugginton last night. Frank and Christine were also there, along with their entourage. They appeared to be enjoying themselves. I was half tempted to go over and tell him to start doing his job and sort some transfers out. To be honest I’ve been very frustrated with the current set up and how they are conducting things. To me everything is all too nicey nicey, Given and especially Morris appear too paly with the players, and to me personally things aren’t being taken that seriously. We have an ageing squad and I doubt they will have the same warmth to the management team as say a young lad would do. I am green with envy watching Forest sign top players. Guarantee Karanka hasn’t had time to swan off to fancy pubs, instead he’s been doing a job and looking at improving the squad.

Were you? Half-tempted, I mean. I'm surprised that given they've been back from Tenerife for 4 days now and we've just heard Ronaldo is going to Juve rather than joining us that you didn't march straight up and give Frank a piece of your mind. It's pretty clear already he doesn't know what he's doing after all. Perhaps you could get a secondment to the club and take over all transfer business while Frank learns his trade? At very least, Frank needs to stop visiting 'swanky pubs' and enjoying himself. You know, take a leaf out of your book as you're a serious professional and would never be seen dead in such a place, would you?

P.S. ***k Forest, who gives a shizzle what they do or don't do? 

12 hours ago, oldtimeram said:

Yet another day of bugger all lol

Do give it a rest old bean! There's a full month to go of the window and Frank's inherited a squad that made the play-offs last season, so we're hopefully not about to go into freefall anyway. Any future transfer dealings simply must be fit for purpose and at fair market value or half the forum will be shrieking that the signings they themselves demanded are shizzle and it's all Frank's fault. Jump without looking and we'll simply repeat the cycle and none of us want that, surely!

So many on here want to have their cake and eat it, or so it would seem, so being old school yourself, I'm sure you don't want to fall into that trap. Be patient, keep the faith... Worst case scenario is we're quiet this year but have a bonanza window next year when a bunch of expensive contracts expire. I'd imagine there'll be at least a couple of tasty loan signings coming in to cheer you up anyway ?

Expectations need reigning in.

Firstly, if we are losing £23-24m per annum (prior to sales) and the max ffp annual loss is £13m then we need to cut £10m off the wage bill.

secondly, whilst wages are still high the overspend has to be funded from mel or sales or both.

so why do folk expect that we should be spending / strengthening??

We can't even afford loans.

Even with shackell, baird and bent going out, nothing can come in unless there are some more going out first.

Archived