Bugger all happening

oldtimeram

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Allegedly:

Marriott - no figures but we are to assume we have made at least a couple of bids (not satisfactory bids)

Josefzoon - 1.5 million - far too low according to Brentford fans

Bayliss - 1.7 million- was supposed to be a done deal and I was told (via a player) that he was to be a derby player.

Abraham - made a loan bid

Burke- 1.5 million hijack bid (with the promise of being 3rd or 4th choice)

McGinn- or whatever the lad is called from Scotland

Basically, any player we have highlighted as a main target we have put in low ball bids and so far have got no where fast.

12 minutes ago, Edtheram said:

Im just annoyed now, come on here everyday looking for a bit of optimism that we might sign someone - But No, were Derby county we talk the talk but never walk the walk, Another transfer window like January now, Bring in a couple players move a couple out, reiterate that the new signings need time to bed in yet we waited till the season started to sign them. I just dont see this current team being able to play the way frank wants. *slams forehead against wall*

Wasn't you telling us to watch this space on Abraham, it's a done deal a few days ago? 

10 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Allegedly:

Marriott - no figures but we are to assume we have made at least a couple of bids (not satisfactory bids)

Josefzoon - 1.5 million - far too low according to Brentford fans

Bayliss - 1.7 million- was supposed to be a done deal and I was told (via a player) that he was to be a derby player.

Abraham - made a loan bid

Burke- 1.5 million hijack bid (with the promise of being 3rd or 4th choice)

McGinn- or whatever the lad is called from Scotland

Basically, any player we have highlighted as a main target we have put in low ball bids and so far have got no where fast.

Excellent summary MRiG. Sounds like we value a player, bid that amount, get turned down, let the player stew and hope for the best. I results yet. Jozefzoon is worth a lot more than we offered but he may think that increased wages is a good thing and agitate a bit. 

I was at the c**k Inn Mugginton last night. Frank and Christine were also there, along with their entourage. They appeared to be enjoying themselves. I was half tempted to go over and tell him to start doing his job and sort some transfers out. To be honest I’ve been very frustrated with the current set up and how they are conducting things. To me everything is all too nicey nicey, Given and especially Morris appear too paly with the players, and to me personally things aren’t being taken that seriously. We have an ageing squad and I doubt they will have the same warmth to the management team as say a young lad would do. I am green with envy watching Forest sign top players. Guarantee Karanka hasn’t had time to swan off to fancy pubs, instead he’s been doing a job and looking at improving the squad.

1 minute ago, belperram9 said:

Guarantee Karanka hasn’t had time to swan off to fancy pubs, instead he’s been doing a job and looking at improving the squad.

Presume he doesn't eat food then, just tells his wife he won't be home for another month and to not wait up for him.

7 minutes ago, belperram9 said:

I was at the c**k Inn Mugginton last  me everything is all too nicey nicey, Given and especially Morris appear too paly with the players

Glad you surmised this from a couple few seconds in videos and photos on the club’s media. Unless you put out the cones at Moor Farm and have seen it first hand?

6 minutes ago, belperram9 said:

I was at the c**k Inn Mugginton last night. Frank and Christine were also there, along with their entourage. They appeared to be enjoying themselves...To me everything is all too nicey nicey, Given and especially Morris appear too paly with the players, and to me personally things aren’t being taken that seriously. We have an ageing squad and I doubt they will have the same warmth to the management team as say a young lad would do. I am green with envy watching Forest sign top players. Guarantee Karanka hasn’t had time to swan off to fancy pubs, instead he’s been doing a job and looking at improving the squad.

?

We need more misery and nastiness, from Frank, less of the Lovely Lampard and Jolly Jody! 

5 minutes ago, belperram9 said:

I was at the c**k Inn Mugginton last night. Frank and Christine were also there, along with their entourage. They appeared to be enjoying themselves. I was half tempted to go over and tell him to start doing his job and sort some transfers out. To be honest I’ve been very frustrated with the current set up and how they are conducting things. To me everything is all too nicey nicey, Given and especially Morris appear too paly with the players, and to me personally things aren’t being taken that seriously. We have an ageing squad and I doubt they will have the same warmth to the management team as say a young lad would do. I am green with envy watching Forest sign top players. Guarantee Karanka hasn’t had time to swan off to fancy pubs, instead he’s been doing a job and looking at improving the squad.

I am finding this transfer window incredibly frustrating, but for me Lampard and Morris (Jody), are the absolute reason I haven't jumped under a bus yet, they seem a breath of fresh air.

I will say this, Lampard wants to manage at the top, he has his eyes on Chelsea and even England, if he fails here it won't stand him in good stead and will damage his reputation, look at Alan Shearer, the poor bloke didn't recover from Newcastle.  Lampard would not have allowed himself to come to derby if he wasn't allowed to do a bit of business and freshen things up.

My only concern is if the club are blocking certain transfers, whether Lamps would get a little frustrated.

16 minutes ago, belperram9 said:

Mate, you sound like a spoilt child! This isn't Football Manager 2018 - the club has pissed its money up the wall for the last 4 years and now faces a hammering from FFP. The new manager has only had a couple of weeks to assess the squad and see what he needs, so don't expect a rash of stellar signings; it isn't going to happen, especially as it seems Vydra is pricing himself out of a move due to his alleged wage demands.

I'd rather we took things slowly and made the right signings at the right time. If that means a boring transfer window then so be it.

12 minutes ago, belperram9 said:

so what you're saying is that a couple isn't allowed to go to a pub for a drink and enjoy themselves after work. Also, karanka isn't a robot, he isn't doing things all the time, there will be similar amounts of time he spends off at home or whatever. You're already writing off this management team to some extent, and we haven't even played 1 pre season game yet!  Also, the assumption that he's doing no work because we haven't brought anyone in yet is idiotic. We're not the only team that haven't brought anyone in yet, and I'm sure that Frank is working his socks off, because if he fails in this job, he's unlikely to get another, a la Shearer and G Neville. Don't write him off less than 2 weeks into pre season.

6 minutes ago, minesahartington said:

How dare Frank eat...at a time like this !!

Also, how dare he appear happy to have a meal with his wife who is about due to give birth to their child! Their baby shouldn't matter unless Palmer, Mount, Abraham, Marriott + Jozefzoon are all pictured holding the new rams shirt

Apparently Sarri is close to becoming the new CFC boss hopefully this means the players were pinching from Chelsea will be announced after that. When we got Lampard i was excited to see who we'd sign the names of Hudson-Odoi , Palmer, Mount, Silva, Abraham, Marriott and Bayliss were mentioned. A new style of fast paced football was expected - It was exciting! now im sat here waiting for every new post to pop up just to give me something to do, Im seeing posts about how Martin and Bryson might form a partnership with Thorne etc. I love Derby for gods sake we need to sort out how we handle Transfer windows. Im not a huge fan of MM but we will see.....

Archived