Bugger all happening

oldtimeram

16 minutes ago, Inglorius said:

It doesn't say that at all. It says that there will be changes to the squad but does not anywhere say we WILL be making signings.

"We all know that we have a big squad here, it has spoken about and there will be changes. My job is to make sure we do the right ones to improve the squad.

"I am not concerned that we haven't done much business now.

"When we do business, which we will, it will be right for us to get a squad and players that fit the way I want to play.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, Inglorius said:

It doesn't say that at all. It says that there will be changes to the squad but does not anywhere say we WILL be making signings.

No need to be pedantic "When we do business, which we will, it will be right for us to get a squad and players that fit the way I want to play."  which strongly suggests, if not confirms, there will be signings.

3 minutes ago, David said:

"We all know that we have a big squad here, it has spoken about and there will be changes. My job is to make sure we do the right ones to improve the squad.

"I am not concerned that we haven't done much business now.

"When we do business, which we will, it will be right for us to get a squad and players that fit the way I want to play.

He said we will do business. Semantics I know. Business could allude to trimming the squad down as you quite rightly quote in the same article when Lampard states that the squad is big. Improving the squad may mean getting rid of the deadwood in this large squad. But not getting new players in.

It maybe a tad early to  get overly excited but something has definitely changed at club in a positive way.

The management, players and supporters are all sensing this is the start of something .

Long may this continue onwards and upwards all together into the promised land.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived