Harry Wilson - Signed on a season long loan

DCFC1388

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, thederbyram said:

Realistically, would this be us turning our attention elsewhere with Abraham not coming?

Wilson is very much a winger. Abraham is very much a number 9, so definitely not. Although, I do doubt we'll get either. 

7 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Wilson is very much a winger. Abraham is very much a number 9, so definitely not. Although, I do doubt we'll get either. 

Agree with you @Ambitious if we got one of these two it would be incredible business.

Harry Wilson is the exact winger/wide man we're looking for. Skillful player with a trick or two in his locker. 

If we signed Abraham I'd be doing cartwheels! A proper number 9, pace, skill, hold up and deadly finisher. Maybe went to the Prem too early so could happen but I think he will want to stay in the promised land. 

Also on Abraham, I saw a few people mentioning about the reason we haven't seen players come from Chelsea yet is down to their manager situation, but they've already let a few go out on loan Clarke-Slater and Stirling I think. 

Hoping I've landed the commentators curse, and by 9am tomorrow we've got 4 Chelsea players on loan! DaSilva, Palmer, Abraham and Hudson-Odoi please! Football Manager comes into the real world 

25 minutes ago, 'Rambe33 said:

Agree with you @Ambitious if we got one of these two it would be incredible business.

Harry Wilson is the exact winger/wide man we're looking for. Skillful player with a trick or two in his locker. 

If we signed Abraham I'd be doing cartwheels! A proper number 9, pace, skill, hold up and deadly finisher. Maybe went to the Prem too early so could happen but I think he will want to stay in the promised land. 

Also on Abraham, I saw a few people mentioning about the reason we haven't seen players come from Chelsea yet is down to their manager situation, but they've already let a few go out on loan Clarke-Slater and Stirling I think. 

Hoping I've landed the commentators curse, and by 9am tomorrow we've got 4 Chelsea players on loan! DaSilva, Palmer, Abraham and Hudson-Odoi please! Football Manager comes into the real world 

Ive liked the look of the shooting drills in training - have you seen them. Getting the players to practice tight control of the ball and being able to beat a player with a trick before shooting. Our wingers need to be able to take on the fullbacks....

1 hour ago, Ambitious said:

48 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Winger not a centre forward 

Ahh, thanks guys. Sounds like he scored plenty of goals as a winger then?

1 hour ago, Gaspode said:

I'd like to see the authorities outlaw these sort of clauses - how can it be right for one club to dictate the team selection at another club?

The club has a choice , they either put-up or shut-up

1 hour ago, Gaspode said:

Which is missing the point.....

How. 

"You want the player , it will cost you 50k a game and you have to play him every match"

No thanks we will go else where 

(Or in the case of villa)

Ok where do we sign

47 minutes ago, JG400 said:

How. 

"You want the player , it will cost you 50k a game and you have to play him every match"

No thanks we will go else where 

(Or in the case of villa)

Ok where do we sign

I succinctly put my objection to the situation in my original post - if you want to argue about it, knock yourself out - I really don't have any more to say....

4 hours ago, Gaspode said:

I'd like to see the authorities outlaw these sort of clauses - how can it be right for one club to dictate the team selection at another club?

I think it's a fairly common occurrence these days - You would only ever loan a player out because you want them to get game time - Otherwise they're better off in the academy still - I would like to think our coaching staff is better than that of a lower league team so we'd send out players to get them game time not the coaching

I see it more as an incentive to play the guy - Not a necessity - And you have to accept as a manager of a team receiving the loan that you're only getting to borrow that player if you give them game time - I would imagine if we signed him and Lampard didn't want to play him we'd cut the loan short 

1 hour ago, cheron85 said:

I think it's a fairly common occurrence these days - You would only ever loan a player out because you want them to get game time - Otherwise they're better off in the academy still - I would like to think our coaching staff is better than that of a lower league team so we'd send out players to get them game time not the coaching

I see it more as an incentive to play the guy - Not a necessity - And you have to accept as a manager of a team receiving the loan that you're only getting to borrow that player if you give them game time - I would imagine if we signed him and Lampard didn't want to play him we'd cut the loan short 

Don’t all three parties have to agree to cut a loan short, or does that not apply to youth loans?

Perhaps a better form of agreement would be a fixed fee with sliding discounts for games played.

13 minutes ago, richinspain said:

Don’t all three parties have to agree to cut a loan short, or does that not apply to youth loans?

Perhaps a better form of agreement would be a fixed fee with sliding discounts for games played.

All depends on the terms of the loan - Whatever you negotiate and whatever you write in can count

1 hour ago, EraniosSocks said:

Bagged twice today for Liverpool v Chester - poor opponents yes, but heard he had a very classy performance 

Not necessarily good news for those millions of clubs lining up to sign him

5 minutes ago, Heisenberg said:

I thought I read somewhere that Gerrard has an arrangement with Klopp that he can have first pick of ant Liverpool youngsters he sends out on loan?? How many would want to drop down to that level of football is another question mind...

Archived