Scott Carson - Signed for Man City on loan

Topram

• Replies 656
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Best since Poom. Perhaps Brighton realize they've bought a dud in Steele and are back in the market? Carson is tremendous, but it is possible to pick up decent keepers relatively cheaply (see Scotty Carson). If they bid big we should consider it. Decent competition for Mat Ryan - if he wasn't going in order to be number one, surely he'd rather stay and play? 

Are Roos or Mitchell or any of the others ready? I have my own views, but have repeated them often enough. 

1 minute ago, Carl Sagan said:

Best since Poom. Perhaps Brighton realize they've bought a dud in Steele and are back in the market? Carson is tremendous, but it is possible to pick up decent keepers relatively cheaply (see Scotty Carson). If they bid big we should consider it. Decent competition for Mat Ryan - if he wasn't going in order to be number one, surely he'd rather stay and play? 

Are Roos or Mitchell or any of the others ready? I have my own views, but have repeated them often enough. 

Others are not ready, Carl. 

In all fairness to Nixon, Mirror Sport are also reporting the same so its another one he appears to have got right.

I really cant see Carson leaving here where he is playing his best football in his career to go and sit on the bench elsewhere, especially at his age to.

Look at the Johnstone deal for some direction on price... that was 5/6 mill therefore at most we will be half that. Many neutrals punt for him being better than Carson and the age/potential is a factor.

If we got 2/3 for Carson spent less on Blackman and his wages were less I’d say that’s really good business as much as I’d hate to see Carson go

"Has told the club he is happy/settled". Unless it's stupid money, no need to accept (unless our financial position is that bad that his sale is essential), and seemingly little pressure from the player gives the club the power.

12 minutes ago, LB_DCFC said:

"Has told the club he is happy/settled". Unless it's stupid money, no need to accept (unless our financial position is that bad that his sale is essential), and seemingly little pressure from the player gives the club the power.

Ah....the Rowett defence.

23 minutes ago, RamNut said:

"Everything must go!"

I went to Allied Carpets on the only day that they did not have a final clearance Sale. I had the rug pulled From under me. A pile of. ?

When Frank says I am here to do business, he means it. COYR

Frank knows what he is doing. He agreed with Mel to do it. Sell anyone you like and  buy and loan cheaper. Show me the balance that we agreed. Jobs a gud un.

Mel and Frank... What a duo! 

Makes you wonder what Jason Steele thinks to all this, joined Brighton just over a week, sold the dream of being backup to Ryan and now they wanted Carson to give up his number 1 spot at Derby to battle Steele for a place on the bench.

Odd, very odd.

5 minutes ago, David said:

Makes you wonder what Jason Steele thinks to all this, joined Brighton just over a week, sold the dream of being backup to Ryan and now they wanted Carson to give up his number 1 spot at Derby to battle Steele for a place on the bench.

Odd, very odd.

Unless they are selling Ryan...

Brighton will not be the only club interested in Scott.  If sold, i would expect between ten and fifteen million.  He's at the top of his game now, there is no reason to sell him for less.  i want him to stay but understand that financial juggling is the reality now and for that kind of money a smart manager can find a replacement with money left over.

16 minutes ago, ramit said:

Brighton will not be the only club interested in Scott.  If sold, i would expect between ten and fifteen million.  He's at the top of his game now, there is no reason to sell him for less.  i want him to stay but understand that financial juggling is the reality now and for that kind of money a smart manager can find a replacement with money left over.

10 and 15 million!? For a 32 year old goalkeeper!? Never in a million years. 

Archived