Scott Carson - Signed for Man City on loan

Topram

The last thing I want to see is us subsidising his wages and strengthening a rival.  He may or may not suit the way we play this season but in the right team and system he's still a very good keeper.

If Millwall want him to improve their team, they need to put their hand in their pocket.

• Replies 656
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Will Hughes Hair said:

The last thing I want to see is us subsidising his wages and strengthening a rival.  He may or may not suit the way we play this season but in the right team and system he's still a very good keeper.

If Millwall want him to improve their team, they need to put their hand in their pocket.

If we consider Millwall rivals then we're in trouble this season.

I'd argue we're improving another team that'll have more chance of taking points from our rivals. He's not going to be available to play against us.

1 minute ago, Nick_Ram said:

If we consider Millwall rivals then we're in trouble this season.

I'd argue we're improving another team that'll have more chance of taking points from our rivals. He's not going to be available to play against us.

That's pretty brave assertion that Millwall have no chance of the play offs.  This division is massively unpredictable, who'd have thought this time last year Norwich would be champions?  Never mind the irony that Bryson finally achieved promotion while we were paying some of his wages at Cardiff. 

6 minutes ago, Will Hughes Hair said:

That's pretty brave assertion that Millwall have no chance of the play offs.  This division is massively unpredictable, who'd have thought this time last year Norwich would be champions?  Never mind the irony that Bryson finally achieved promotion while we were paying some of his wages at Cardiff. 

image.png.85462e6ec0134399ddeb8f97e011c538.png

You've seen their squad right?

21 minutes ago, Nick_Ram said:

You've seen their squad right?

I'll grant you it's unlikely to be champagne football but at least Carson won't be having to worry about his short passing skills!  I'd also point out  Carson is an upgrade on Fielding and that squad looks stronger than the one that finished eighth (and 3pts off the play offs) in 2017/18.

5 hours ago, Will Hughes Hair said:

I'll grant you it's unlikely to be champagne football but at least Carson won't be having to worry about his short passing skills!  I'd also point out  Carson is an upgrade on Fielding and that squad looks stronger than the one that finished eighth (and 3pts off the play offs) in 2017/18.

Even though they've lost Lee Gregory, their top goalscorer for the past 4 seasons?

I'd be very sorry if he went. Still only 33. Distribution neither good or fast but with Scott between the posts I always feel comfortable. 

Handling, and actually making saves - he's up there with the best. 

On 21/07/2019 at 23:07, Will Hughes Hair said:

We got promoted with the Billy Davies team... anything is possible.

I really am puzzled by this negative / get rid feel on Carson.

its true he is slow to distribute the ball and his kicking isn’t the best but he is an excellent keeper and at his age has a fair few miles in him yet. 

What or who do you intend to replace him with ? And at what cost ? And will it be a genuine improvement ? All players have strengths and weaknesses.

He is very sound between the posts, has pulled off some stunning saves in the last few seasons. I just don’t get it ? 

30 minutes ago, jono said:

I really am puzzled by this negative / get rid feel on Carson.

its true he is slow to distribute the ball and his kicking isn’t the best but he is an excellent keeper and at his age has a fair few miles in him yet. 

What or who do you intend to replace him with ? And at what cost ? And will it be a genuine improvement ? All players have strengths and weaknesses.

He is very sound between the posts, has pulled off some stunning saves in the last few seasons. I just don’t get it ? 

I prefer him over Roos and if we do let him go because he is a high earner we need another keeper for sure.

Archived