Scott Carson - Signed for Man City on loan

Topram

• Replies 656
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Without having any concrete evidence there have been snippets that suggest we’re going to be playing it out from the back.

Under MAC 2 this is something Carson struggled with. 

I don’t think this would be a disaster.

50 minutes ago, David said:

Makes you wonder what Jason Steele thinks to all this, joined Brighton just over a week, sold the dream of being backup to Ryan and now they wanted Carson to give up his number 1 spot at Derby to battle Steele for a place on the bench.

Odd, very odd.

The same Jason Steele we mightily ducked over in January…

3 hours ago, David said:

Makes you wonder what Jason Steele thinks to all this, joined Brighton just over a week, sold the dream of being backup to Ryan and now they wanted Carson to give up his number 1 spot at Derby to battle Steele for a place on the bench.

Odd, very odd.

I doubt Steele was told he would be number 2. It's been clear for some time we needed to bring in 2 keepers as we've had 2 leave. Sunderland fans reckon Steele is rubbish and regardless of whether that's true or not I'm pretty sure he will be 3rd choice.

We also need a home grown player for the squad rules and a goalkeeper good enough to play in the Prem as Ryan is off to the Asian Cup in January and will miss at least 4 league games (perhaps 6-7 if Australia get to the final) plus the FA Cup 3rd round and if we get there 4th round too. 

Signed a new contract in Jan. Quoted at the time as saying 'I've said it a million times since I came here... I love it'. I don't think he'd take the move at all. He's at the time of life and in the sort of form where he needs to be number 1 and play games. Sitting on the bench in the prem is not that attractive for him in my opinion. He'll stay put. Contract until 2020.

3 hours ago, SimonBHA said:

I doubt Steele was told he would be number 2. It's been clear for some time we needed to bring in 2 keepers as we've had 2 leave. Sunderland fans reckon Steele is rubbish and regardless of whether that's true or not I'm pretty sure he will be 3rd choice.

We also need a home grown player for the squad rules and a goalkeeper good enough to play in the Prem as Ryan is off to the Asian Cup in January and will miss at least 4 league games (perhaps 6-7 if Australia get to the final) plus the FA Cup 3rd round and if we get there 4th round too. 

Cheers, I still think it’s a bit odd to ask Carson to give up a number 1 spot at a Championship club fighting for promotion, to sit on a Premier League bench and fill in for a few weeks whilst your number 1 is in Asia.

Should have made a move for Lee Grant before United did if it’s been a known area to strengthen for a while. Would have been ideal for that situation.

Carson has another 3/4 seasons where he can easily hold down a number 1 shirt before taking semi retirement.

9 hours ago, Rab a dab doo said:

No way best keeper in the divison

Exactly why a team from another division higher up are interested. 

Just because he holds the accolade of best keeper in the division doesn't mean Scotty would want to stay just so he can say that.

However I do not want him to go

Maybe BHA bought Steele AFTER they had been rebuffed over Carson.        The deal with us in Jan fell through because he thought it was to be permanent and we were offering a loan.......... crossed wires only clarified at Derby  interview. Speed of deal created confusion ??

PistoldPete2
16 minutes ago, David said:

Well if their previous offer was below £2.5 million that wasn't a serious play? What would a serious play be ... £3 million plus? Anyway we don't want to play. 

Archived