Scott Carson - Signed for Man City on loan

Topram

• Replies 656
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

Not disagreeing but how did you deduce that from that list of players?

1. Getting players out

2. Getting players in

3. Not busting the Bank or complainng about lack of funds

4. Bri going young players in from Academy

5. Playing a nice style of football. Half the time

6. Excellent rapport with fans

7. Not sticking with out of form players

8. Largely erasing Rowettball

32 minutes ago, Rampage said:

1. Getting players out

2. Getting players in

3. Not busting the Bank or complainng about lack of funds

4. Bri going young players in from Academy

5. Playing a nice style of football. Half the time

6. Excellent rapport with fans

7. Not sticking with out of form players

8. Largely erasing Rowettball

Fair comments. 

1 - The only deadwood I can think that he has shifted on is Ledley.

2 - He's spent a reasonable amount of money to be fair for this division 

3 - Agree

4 - Agree 

5 - Kind of agree

6 - Kind of ties in with 5, rapport there when things going well. Anything after Rowett was going to be welcome to most 

7 - Agree but also think too much chopping and changing coincided with where our season came off the rails

8 - There's been plenty of games where we played anything as bad as Rowett but as long as the long term aim is attractive football, all is good. Hope resorting to long ball does not happen every time things are going bad.

9 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Fair comments. 

1 - The only deadwood I can think that he has shifted on is Ledley.

2 - He's spent a reasonable amount of money to be fair for this division 

3 - Agree

4 - Agree 

5 - Kind of agree

6 - Kind of ties in with 5, rapport there when things going well. Anything after Rowett was going to be welcome to most 

7 - Agree but also think too much chopping and changing coincided with where our season came off the rails

8 - There's been plenty of games where we played anything as bad as Rowett but as long as the long term aim is attractive football, all is good. Hope resorting to long ball does not happen every time things are going bad.

A little scintillating football goes a Long way with me. Play Offs a good return for first season. We need more tougguys who can also play. Someone on here made the point that Leeds were geared for automatic promotion from first day of season. Our target was a clear out and transition. Frank signed 13 players so basically signed a new team. ?COYR. ????

1 hour ago, Rampage said:

A little scintillating football goes a Long way with me. Play Offs a good return for first season. We need more tougguys who can also play. Someone on here made the point that Leeds were geared for automatic promotion from first day of season. Our target was a clear out and transition. Frank signed 13 players so basically signed a new team. ?COYR. ????

Our target should have been to finish higher than 6th, or a season purely concentrating on adapting a new system/style of play. 

There has been no clear out and no major transition, I'm afraid that's a myth. If that was the target I don't think we've met it.

If we don't get promoted and all 3 loanees go back, I don't think we are really any further forward than 12 months ago.

I'm not complaining by the way, I don't really buy into the 3/5/10 year plans. Theres only really one season that matters and that's the current one, everything else can be sorted next season!

1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

Our target should have been to finish higher than 6th, or a season purely concentrating on adapting a new system/style of play. 

There has been no clear out and no major transition, I'm afraid that's a myth. If that was the target I don't think we've met it.

If we don't get promoted and all 3 loanees go back, I don't think we are really any further forward than 12 months ago.

I'm not complaining by the way, I don't really buy into the 3/5/10 year plans. Theres only really one season that matters and that's the current one, everything else can be sorted next season!

Have you included the out of contract players also leaving this season

A fair few gone in one season. Anyone know how many? 

Just now, Rampage said:

Have you included the out of contract players also leaving this season

A fair few gone in one season. Anyone know how many? 

No I've not because they haven't gone yet.

Also don't really see Lampard getting rid of out of contract players being something to praise him for to be honest.

On 14/05/2019 at 22:13, G STAR RAM said:

No I've not because they haven't gone yet.

Also don't really see Lampard getting rid of out of contract players being something to praise him for to be honest.

Depends on your definition of "gone". There are a fair few who, whilst they may still be notionally contracted to DCFC have not kicked a ball or been available for selection as they have been loaned out.

Blackman, Jerome, Ledley, Vydra, Pearce, Butterfield, Shackell all left the club and will never return so sound pretty "gone" to me.

Others like Martin, Thorne have been loaned out but wlll return at end of season, so not "gone"

Yet more eg Anya who have not "gone" but may as well not be here........?

I've only tried to include 1st team squad members, but thats quite a long list there.......

He's had to try and loan them/sell them if possible to try and get some contribution to the club, even if it wasn't even covering all their wages. I'd say he's achieved a high turnover on probably a cost neutral basis. I'd say that was a decent step, but you appear less impressed. 

1 hour ago, HantsRam said:

Depends on your definition of "gone". There are a fair few who, whilst they may still be notionally contracted to DCFC have not kicked a ball or been available for selection as they have been loaned out.

Blackman, Jerome, Ledley, Vydra, Pearce, Butterfield, Shackell all left the club and will never return so sound pretty "gone" to me.

Others like Martin, Thorne have been loaned out but wlll return at end of season, so not "gone"

I've only tried to include 1st team squad members, but thats quite a long list there.......

He's had to try and loan them/sell them if possible to try and get some contribution to the club, even if it wasn't even covering all their wages. I'd say he's achieved a high turnover on probably a cost neutral basis. I'd say that was a decent step, but you appear less impressed. 

Not in a bad way. Just fail to be impressed or give Lampard too much credit for players going out on loan when he's probably had very little to do with it.

Would be much more impressed if he'd got some of them to contribute to our cause whilst getting them in the shop window.

13 hours ago, HantsRam said:

Also Andi Weimannn and Jamie Hanson

• 2 months later...

"Trying to ship out" seems like harsh wording ? 

Makes it sound like he's been placed on the wall outside the training ground, holding a piece of paper that says "FREE TO A GOOD HOME".

It would line up with other reports that we're looking to bring in a new GK, in that scenario I'd be OK with letting Scott go.

I'd rather not when it's just Scott, Roos or Mitchell/Ravas though.

Carson's poor distribution is costly to a team that wants to play it out from the back, coupled up with his dodgy shot stopping and frequent mistakes last season, it's definitely the right call to get him out if you can replace him with another keeper.

Archived