Scott Carson - Signed for Man City on loan

Topram

3 minutes ago, ramsbottom said:

BHA can f-in do one!!!  Unless they bring a double digit bid to the table, then I'd maybe consider it...  And tell them to f-in do one again!!!  I'd rather we sell half the squad than sell him.  We'd never have made the play offs without him, integral part of a good defence, please Frank, don't do it.

For me Carson and Davies were the 2 'must not sell' players and I would be keen to keep Keogh, Wisdom, Lawrence and Hudders as well. The rest can be sold or loaned out to clear the decks and create the finance for new blood and the development of a younger more energetic squad to complement these experienced players.

• Replies 656
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree with much of the sentiment on here.

Carson is worth more to us that we would receive for him - unless we're talking £10m plus then no offers should even be considered, especially when the player is happy to stay.

36 minutes ago, Charlie George said:

Well that starts to make sense in all of this - if the Brighton keeper goes to Liverpool - because they won’t pay what stoke want for Butland then they urgently need a very good goalkeeper so I would believe this could easily roll on somewhere between £5-10 million for me which is a wide gap 

now if they want Carson and Vydra (which they need) for a combined £20 million then we would be sat at the table and the deal would be done with a more palatable situation for the club and our supporters I feel

1 minute ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Not sure Liverpool would go from Alisson to Mat Ryan without someone in between.

Re-sign Scott Carson?

He's proved over his career he's a good keeper at the top level, and he'd be worth £10m for me. Won't get it. Hope he stays.

Why are people unable to accept on here that our best players will always be subject to covetous glances from other teams and the deadwood that we saw fit to give huge extended contracts will be here until their contracts run down. Price of years of failure to get into the Premiership.

3 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Not sure Liverpool would go from Alisson to Mat Ryan without someone in between.

They nearly took him before Brighton took him

1 minute ago, needles said:

Re-sign Scott Carson?

Lucky omen for them - they won the champions league with him on the bench 

1 minute ago, Inglorius said:

Why are people unable to accept on here that our best players will always be subject to covetous glances from other teams and the deadwood that we saw fit to give huge extended contracts will be here until their contracts run down. Price of years of failure to get into the Premiership.

You are very correct but it still leaves many of us shacking our heads with disappointment and for me that first half of the opening game at Bolton where we lost hughes and Bryson for the season cost us so much money in all directions 

7 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

You are very correct but it still leaves many of us shacking our heads with disappointment and for me that first half of the opening game at Bolton where we lost hughes and Bryson for the season cost us so much money in all directions 

Every year of failure means that it's harder to get promoted as inevitably the promoted teams instead of us will cherry pick the best players from the Championship. As Ramnut quite rightly said we can't keep giving the players that Premiership teams come sniffing round huge contract rises as we simply can't afford that and will just compound the financial mess we are in currently.

14 hours ago, Sparkle said:

I was talking to someone well connected at Sheffield United last week and he said they had tried to sign him but Chelsea wanted £2.5 million and he wanted £15,000 a week - Sheffield United said er No 

According to today’s reports,Brighton’s offer for Scott Carson is £2.5m! If they upped it to £4m I wonder if Lampard /Mel would be tempted? By all accounts Blackman is a really good keeper.As they say,watch this space.

2 minutes ago, rcarso1 said:

According to today’s reports,Brighton’s offer for Scott Carson is £2.5m! If they upped it to £4m I wonder if Lampard /Mel would be tempted? By all accounts Blackman is a really good keeper.As they say,watch this space.

My mate at sheff unt said he was ok but lost his place for a spell last season but his main conversation was that he. Kicks a drop kick in a really funny way

Archived