Scott Carson - Signed for Man City on loan

Topram

• Replies 656
  • Created
  • Last Reply
42 minutes ago, PistoldPete2 said:

Well if their previous offer was below £2.5 million that wasn't a serious play? What would a serious play be ... £3 million plus? Anyway we don't want to play. 

If Brighton are still in the Prem after this season. I for one would love the Rams to play them at least twice. ?

Brighton have lost 5 keepers this summer. Krul released, Maenpaa rejected terms, Vose to Colchester, and both Sanchez and Walton out on loan.

Imagine Carson would be cover/competition for Ryan but also that they think they could get him for a bargain few million given his age and our rumoured financial state. 

Steele would only ever be in as third choice only I suspect.

19 minutes ago, bristolram said:

£5 million up front and then a big bonus if they stay up. Can't see him going to be No2 behind Ryan. we will probs give him a new contract

We can't keep giving people new contracts just because another club comes sniffing.

when we agreed recent contracts with carson and davies we presumably agreed to pay what we thought they were worth, and they were happy to accept. We can't compete with premier league wages. If Brighton offer him a big pay rise and he wants to go, either for the money or the opportunity of playing in the the Prem, then you let him go and move on.

Thats the reality of being a championship club.

I don’t really see why he’d go to be honest.

His last serious chance at an England squad was for this World Cup. He might’ve got in if he was playing in the Prem but he wasn’t and he didn’t. I’m pretty sure he’s said before he’s very settled, loves it here. They’d surely have to give him a serious rise to go there and play second fiddle, and I can’t see them doing that.

8 hours ago, cannable said:

Without having any concrete evidence there have been snippets that suggest we’re going to be playing it out from the back.

Under MAC 2 this is something Carson struggled with. 

I don’t think this would be a disaster.

I’m of a similar view really. Carson is poor with his feet and often kicks it out of play. Carson may have De Gea syndrome where he looks brilliant because the opposition have lots of chances which gives him more opportunities to look better than he actually is.

Meanwhile, in a team that wants to play football and relies on more elements than just shot stopping such as sweeper keeping, Carson may struggle like De Gea did with Spain.

Dean Henderson from Man Utd on loan would be my main choice to replace him. Lee Grant of 13/14 would have been perfect for Lampard.

2 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Dean Henderson from Man Utd on loan would be my main choice to replace him. Lee Grant of 13/14 would have been perfect for Lampard.

He's already gone to Sheff Utd.

Makes you wonder about stepping back to move forward. I believe Carson is our best keeper in years, but Blackman is supposedly a keeper who will be a Premier League player. If he could be an adequate no. 1 for now, then step up and perform before being sold for £40m by virtue of being young and English. Then taking the money and spending less on a far younger keeper may be a decent option. Still I'd favour the devil you know in this situation

BHA can f-in do one!!!  Unless they bring a double digit bid to the table, then I'd maybe consider it...  And tell them to f-in do one again!!!  I'd rather we sell half the squad than sell him.  We'd never have made the play offs without him, integral part of a good defence, please Frank, don't do it.

I can't see this happening. Carson won't want to move unless he's going to be first choice - although money could very persuasive. 

From our point of view, he's one of the few players who we wouldn't need to replace as a mid-table Premier League team. He's the best keeper in the Championship and right at the top of his game. For us, he worth £10m. Yet for Brighton, he'd be an ageing squad player. I doubt they'd go above £3m, and we couldn't replace him for that.

Archived