Sign in to follow this  
Topram

Scott Carson - Signed for Man City on loan

For a keeper in the Championship his wages are probably quite high as reported. To try and get a fee for him and someone also pay him what we were probably wouldn’t be very viable in this division. 

19 minutes ago, David said:

“The position has evolved and moved on in recent years and has done so again this season,” the former City goalkeeper Shay Given tells The Independent. “Ederson is almost like an outfield player in a position that Guardiola recognises as one of the most important on the pitch. Yes he saves shots and keeps the ball, but he is also so important in starting attacks and retaining possession. He’s one of the best in world football in those respects.”

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/ederson-profile-manchester-city-pep-guardiola-goalkeepers-feature-vs-liverpool-united-a8291301.html

Carson to City will be nothing more than a shot stopper in training sessions on what would be low wages for them, 3rd choice behind Ederson and Bravo which allows them to loan out Muric to Forest to gain first team football.....although looks like his season is already over with them signing yet another keeper.

You see these types of moves all the time.

That will be a waste then .  Should in our first team shot stopping .

4 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

For a keeper in the Championship his wages are probably quite high as reported. To try and get a fee for him and someone also pay him what we were probably wouldn’t be very viable in this division. 

He was a Rush signing in the Clement era, after all.

1 minute ago, brady1993 said:

Here's a thought; is he the last player from that era ? 

Yeah, he's certainly the last of the Clement signings - not the Rush ones, mind.

7 minutes ago, TibshelfRam said:

Yeah, he's certainly the last of the Clement signings - not the Rush ones, mind.

Just interesting to think none of those players that Clement signed are still here. Whose remaining from whilst Rush was here ? Thorne ?

Posted (edited)

@brady1993 Thorne, Forsyth, Anya, Martin. Off the top of my head.

And then Wisdom obviously came in on loan, but didn't join permanently until after Rush was sacked.

Edited by TibshelfRam
added credit

1 hour ago, TibshelfRam said:

@brady1993 Thorne, Forsyth, Anya, Martin. Off the top of my head.

And then Wisdom obviously came in on loan, but didn't join permanently until after Rush was sacked.

Yeah I guess he was here for the 13/14 window. I think I'd forgot because the iffier signings under him came a bit later down the road.

Very disappointed if he goes and we don’t have anyone to replace him. He’s been a good servant to the club and made some amazing saves in his time here.

Just now, Sexydadbod said:

Very disappointed if he goes and we don’t have anyone to replace him. He’s been a good servant to the club and made some amazing saves in his time here.

We are working on a deal according to the journo at the Athletic