Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Topram

Scott Carson - Signed for Man City on loan

Recommended Posts

11 minutes ago, Srg said:

Not remotely worried. Keepers (other than Scott Carson) don't get injured too often, and if we needed to, we could get one in January. Mitchell would be fine for a little bit.

Wholeheartedly disagree. Mitchell was catastrophically bad in league one last season. 

Share this post


Link to post

Carson is better than Roos. That’s the end of it.  Probably on a lot more money and obviously a lot older so doesn’t fit in to the new Derby way model. (Forgetting Wazza of course!) The decision to let him go and keep Roos instead will probably cost us 10 points this season and that could be the difference between breaking the points total record and just winning the league by 20 points. 

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Luke said:

Wholeheartedly disagree. Mitchell was catastrophically bad in league one last season. 

Crack on disagreeing then, but Carson has barely been fit for a year, and can't save anything at his feet because his back has gone. Might as well go with a kid.

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, MuespachRam said:

Carson is better than Roos. That’s the end of it.  Probably on a lot more money and obviously a lot older so doesn’t fit in to the new Derby way model. (Forgetting Wazza of course!) The decision to let him go and keep Roos instead will probably cost us 10 points this season and that could be the difference between breaking the points total record and just winning the league by 20 points. 

That is not the end of it. Carson was significantly worse than Roos last season, in my opinion. 10 points a season? Did you watch Scott last season? Am I missing something? What did Roos do wrong other than Wembley?

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Squid said:

Michel Vorm anyone? Free transfer and a good replacement imo..

I'd have him right away, I'll pick him up from wherever he is and have the rest of the day of work 😂

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Srg said:

Crack on disagreeing then, but Carson has barely been fit for a year, and can't save anything at his feet because his back has gone. Might as well go with a kid.

Mitchell is 24 years old- 25 soon he isn’t a kid. He was dropped by oxford for being a terrible keeper. 

If we want promotion we cannot rely on him to back up 

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Squid said:

Michel Vorm anyone? Free transfer and a good replacement imo..

Did you watch him for Spurs recently? Dodgy as they come. Don't let him playing for a big club blind you, he isn't a great keeper. 

Share this post


Link to post
29 minutes ago, DcFc Dyycheee said:

'Unlikely' to bring in another keeper if Carson leaves according to DET. So that means we have Roos and Mitchell. Crazy call to loan Scott out. 

Memo to Mel Morris: Really not sure why you are paying Shay Given. Suggest you get rid, and get more off the wage bill. Free advice always available at dcfcfans.uk

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Andicis said:

Did you watch him for Spurs recently? Dodgy as they come. Don't let him playing for a big club blind you, he isn't a great keeper. 

He used to be excellent before moving to Spurs. But years without playing should have taken their toll.

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Dimmu said:

He used to be excellent before moving to Spurs. But years without playing should have taken their toll.

Agreed. Definitely way past his prime. Wouldn't wanna touch that one tbh.

Share this post


Link to post
16 minutes ago, Srg said:

Not remotely worried. Keepers (other than Scott Carson) don't get injured too often, and if we needed to, we could get one in January. Mitchell would be fine for a little bit.

What is this 'Carson is an injury nightmare' nonsense

4 seasons at the club - He's had one proper injury (last season) - First season he came in as backup to Granty and then took his place for the rest of the season, then 2 seasons as an almost ever present then last season he got an injury Roos took his place

That's only one real injury right?

8 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

Roos made a costly mistake in a play off final and, like Keogh, no matter what else he does will never be allowed to move on without many judging him by it.

Made a great stop to keep the 3 points on Monday so as far as I'm concerned he's already won us 2 points this season - Tell that to the boo boys 😄 

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Millenniumram said:

Sounds like there isn’t going to be a replacement, that could be costly to our prospects imo

Why do we need a replacement for a backup keeper? How can it be costly to us, when he wouldn't have started anyway?

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, dcfcreece1601 said:

I'd have him right away, I'll pick him up from wherever he is and have the rest of the day of work 😂

I can hear the engine running now

vorm, vorm vorm 

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

Carson is better than Roos. That’s the end of it.  Probably on a lot more money and obviously a lot older so doesn’t fit in to the new Derby way model. (Forgetting Wazza of course!) The decision to let him go and keep Roos instead will probably cost us 10 points this season and that could be the difference between breaking the points total record and just winning the league by 20 points. 

Utter tosh, has already earned us 2 more points monday night with that point blank save or are you only interested in the negatives? Find us a goalie that won't make mistakes and play in this league and i'll give you the £50 mill that it would take to get him!!

Edited by mwram1973

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Why do we need a replacement for a backup keeper? How can it be costly to us, when he wouldn't have started anyway?

We need a new first choice goalkeeper. Letting Carson go won’t be costly, not filling his space in the squad with a new first choice goalkeeper would be. Roos is better than Carson, but he’s still not good enough. Carson was woeful last season (statistically the worst goalkeeper in the division) so Roos didn’t exactly have a tough battle to win his place. I don’t think he’s good enough, and that’s nothing to do with Wembley. There’s a reason why he’s always been out on loan to the lower leagues.

He lacks the command of the box and has too dodgy distribution and decision making skills to be our first choice goalie.

Edited by Millenniumram

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.