Craig Bryson

DcFc Dyycheee

I think it's a good deal. We definitely need to sell some center midfielders and that's a fair price.

Most likely he would be sitting on our bench so might as well sell him somewhere  to lesser team where he has the chance to play.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply
43 minutes ago, WestLondonRam said:

This is ********. 

All our best players being sold and were looking at players from bloody Brentford. I never start about Morris but this is ridiculous. 

Come on mate .. I love Bryson hes as legend but he's had his best days ...

What's wrong with Brentford.. they a good side that play football we would have all killed for last season.

Sith Happens

I really like bryson but don't think he's good enough for the PL. Will be out of the team by November and out on loan in January. 

51 minutes ago, WestLondonRam said:

This is ********. 

All our best players being sold and were looking at players from bloody Brentford. I never start about Morris but this is ridiculous. 

Please tell me this is a gag. If you actually meant this I shall probably weep uncontrollably for about 6 days.

26 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

I don't think he's as high a earner as most of the others, £15k I believe was the figure banded about at the time. It was a lot for us back then, but I'd guess that he'd be our 5th or 6th highest earning CM behind Johnson, Huddlestone, Thorne, Ledley & probably Butterfield as well. 

£1.75m is good money. I highly doubt there would have been a new deal for him here anyway. 

I do wish him the very, very best. Quite rightly, very much a fan favourite. 

I remeber Mel stating in an interview that only a few weeks after the PO final we had our first 20K a week player.....we had to fight off interest from premier league Burnley for Bryson so my guess Mel was alluding to CB. Wages have gone through the roof since then mind. The average at Derby in a recent set of accounts was £19K!

PistoldPete2
42 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

I be asking 3m or no deal

Get real. He has one year left on his contract. hes 30 years old. ANd we are skint.

Was told last weekend this was a done deal but Bryse didn't particular fancy it. The figure is similar to what I was told as well. Not ITK but I live next door to his mates dad. His car has been there on regular occasions so I believe it to be correct.

1 hour ago, RIMBAUD said:

So often he dictated the tempo of our play. If we are letting him go (and at that price I would think it’s probably likely that we are) we need another player to dictate a more vibrant approach to games.

Top pro. Loves DCFC. I really rate him. 

I had the pleasure of interviewing CB for a fanzine at the start of last season just prior to his wedding. He has been one of my favourite players for a good while and I’m gutted that he’s leaving. When I interviewed him he was committed to staying at Derby for the rest of his career. He’s a favourite because when given a run of games he is a total dynamo with boundless energy who will win the ball and set things going. I simply don’t firkin get this “he’s 31 and past his prime”. Absolute rubbish ...HE’s just hit his prime FFS...remember Gordon Cowans? Gerry Daly? Bruce Rioch? Archie Gemmill? ...

So Cardiff are getting a steal and if he stays injury free will do so well in the Prem. Thanks Bryso...you will be missed. Top top footballer and a great bloke with a brilliant dry sense of humour. 

clarkeram7

In a nutshell, it's the best deal we'll ever get for him going forward. And with that money coupled with the Weimann deal it gives Frank a hell of a good start in terms of wheeling and dealing. I'm confident a plan is in place to replace the two of them, just got to hope a few more follow them out the door who are more deserving of it ? 

32 minutes ago, Warren Hobhead said:

Not surprising. He’s not really figured here in recent years, a shadow of his best self for sure and pulling a fair old salary too. 

Makes complete sense to me. 

Thanks for the efforts, Craig. Always put a shift in, sometimes had quality too. 

If we can shift Huddlestone on next, this window would start looking one of the best in a long time. 

Really?! I can think of plenty who need to go before Huddlestone!

Gutted he’s leaving but totally understand and it’s makes sense.

gave everything for our club and showed genuine passion and heart, can’t ask for anymore than that. 

All the best Bryso, you will be missed

i’m not crying. . . You are!!

Gutted we are selling, 1.75 million, absolute peanuts in today's market.

I love the bloke, he literally speaks of his love for Derby county and he wants to end his career here and we sell him!

Cheers for all that commitment Bryso, but we need to flog you to cover Blackmans wages for 6 months.

Archived