Craig Bryson

DcFc Dyycheee

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, DCFC1388 said:

Good price for someone with 1 year left, another high earner and 31.

What will decide whether its really good business is if/who we get in as a replacement...someone like Mount for example on loan could be goos.

Personally I think we could see Johnson back to his best under Lampard, scoring goals and being a bully in midfield

Johnson has a best? I would sell him for that money in a flash 

4 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Johnson has a best? I would sell him for that money in a flash 

Yeh he hasnt always been quality for us but his last season at Norwich he was quality and then before his injury with us when he first signed he looked a level above everyone else. If we got him back to that level he could be like a new signing as well

2 minutes ago, thederbyram said:

Can't remember where but I saw the figure of £1.75m bandied around for Tom Bayliss I think?

Like for like swap in terms of playing styles and a younger model on smaller wages... Sounds good to me.

I believe that number came from @MackworthRamIsGod - certainly raises some eyebrows! Could well be linked...

9 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Never said you weren't. I just think your opinion is wrong. 

If you think Brentford are bad, you clearly don't know as much about Brentford as you think! Manage to sign consistently good players, on a shoestring budget and compete towards the top end of the league. They have quite a few top quality players.

I agree they have some decent players. 

Jozefzoon not being one of their better players. 

I understand Bryson isn’t one of our best but Vydra, Martin etc are. 

I don’t mind selling players but surely we need to invest it back in for decent players. 

I don't think he's as high a earner as most of the others, £15k I believe was the figure banded about at the time. It was a lot for us back then, but I'd guess that he'd be our 5th or 6th highest earning CM behind Johnson, Huddlestone, Thorne, Ledley & probably Butterfield as well. 

£1.75m is good money. I highly doubt there would have been a new deal for him here anyway. 

I do wish him the very, very best. Quite rightly, very much a fan favourite. 

1 minute ago, B4ev6is said:

I think 1.75m to low for such good player bryson is.

Perhaps, but he's not hit the heights he set himself when we offered him the contract. 

A direct quote from a Cardiff fan: ''Well all Bryson did last year was chase shadows . Usually arrived too late to catch any unfortunately. What a disappointing signing. We will need a bit more than hard work next season. At the moment the midfield looks nowhere near the required standard.''

The height of his time here came from the link between him & Martin. Unfortunately, it seems both have had their time here. 

I'm delighted he has the chance to have a crack at the prem.

I also think it's good that he gets out, having last played for us as a great player. Would've been a real shame if he'd played for us this year but struggled, and suddenly general opinion became "Not the player he used to be."

A proper fresh start for us.

A great opportunity for him.

And a personal legacy in tact. 

Not surprising. He’s not really figured here in recent years, a shadow of his best self for sure and pulling a fair old salary too. 

Makes complete sense to me. 

Thanks for the efforts, Craig. Always put a shift in, sometimes had quality too. 

If we can shift Huddlestone on next, this window would start looking one of the best in a long time. 

15 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

You know what you're getting. Hard worker who will give your club 100%! Treat him well, lads! 

I think that’s our remit once again next year. Hard workers with pace , and low possession stats. 

How do you all think Lampard will fare ?

Archived