Craig Bryson

DcFc Dyycheee

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Ellafella said:

Only the Red dogs ?

They are fascinated by the fact that you have only four fingers and an opposable thumb on each hand, and a strange absence of webbing.

59 minutes ago, eddie said:

They are fascinated by the fact that you have only four fingers and an opposable thumb on each hand, and a strange absence of webbing.

...and I’m not wearing marble trackie bottoms & a “Victor Chandler”. ?

On 04/07/2018 at 22:03, Ellafella said:

Pray tell master @Carl Sagan, how did that happen? 

Before one of the subsequent Derbies the club ran a terribly organized contest to write about past games about the gumps. It was really badly done and promoted, so I was probably the only person who entered, writing a story about listening to the 5-0 on Radio Derby (through Ramsplayer) while touring Iceland's great circle. The boots duly arrived, signed and dated by Craig. I'm toying with creating a little memorabilia section in the Sagan flat - John McGovern also got the entirety of the 1969 Second Division Championship side to sign a team photo for me.

2 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

Before one of the subsequent Derbies the club ran a terribly organized contest to write about past games about the gumps. It was really badly done and promoted, so I was probably the only person who entered, writing a story about listening to the 5-0 on Radio Derby (through Ramsplayer) while touring Iceland's great circle. The boots duly arrived, signed and dated by Craig. I'm toying with creating a little memorabilia section in the Sagan flat - John McGovern also got the entirety of the 1969 Second Division Championship side to sign a team photo for me.

Carl, you are a good man but name dropping may be an issue. 

I have seen Maradonna's single hair and teardrop in a bottle in Naples. 

I have seen  Ronaldo's statue in Madeira, so there. ?

I twice won a crate of Beer for best article in Hey big spender fanzine. 

My son did some art work for hey big spender. Including the mazy dribble by Wancbope. Anyone remember it? 

I wrote limericks for hey big spender. 

I could go on but that's all I did. So there. ??

On 04/07/2018 at 21:22, Carl Sagan said:

We need to reduce the squad. And we need to reduce the age of the squad. It's a shame to see Brys go, but it's the right strategy and he deserves to join Hughes, Hendrick et al in the Prem and show them what our once Rolls Royce midfield could have done. We'll all remember that hattrick against the gumps, especially me as I've got his (tiny) boots from that day!

That is truly epic ! Doesn’t matter how you got them. Just magic. I was there, saw the goals but in local lore and legend you have got Excalibur ... i’m Just a bit jealous ?

On 04/07/2018 at 19:13, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

I remeber Mel stating in an interview that only a few weeks after the PO final we had our first 20K a week player.....we had to fight off interest from premier league Burnley for Bryson so my guess Mel was alluding to CB. Wages have gone through the roof since then mind. The average at Derby in a recent set of accounts was £19K!

If Bryson had gone to Burnley in 2014 and done well, he would by now be on £40k-a-week plus (low by PL standards but still....).

8 minutes ago, Grantona said:

If Bryson had gone to Burnley in 2014 and done well, he would by now be on £40k-a-week plus (low by PL standards but still....).

How much do you reckon a player like Bryson would want a week to come here and play?

What was he on at Derby? £25-30k? Despite his 5-year Derby deal to ward off Burnley interest in 2014, in hindsight CB would have probably earned more at Burnley in the last 4 years (with PL bonuses, promotion bonuses and Euro qualification bonus).

3 minutes ago, Grantona said:

What was he on at Derby? £25-30k? Despite his 5-year Derby deal to ward off Burnley interest in 2014, in hindsight CB would have probably earned more at Burnley in the last 4 years (with PL bonuses, promotion bonuses and Euro qualification bonus).

Is* he hasn't left (yet)

21 minutes ago, Grantona said:

Not interested in Burnley (at ALL). I meant how much would we have to pay if he wasn't already here.

Archived