Tammy Abraham - Joined Aston Villa

LB_DCFC

27 minutes ago, Doodle said:

Save more than 2 million. Bet Waghorn is on 35 k. Would have only cost us 1 million extra in wages but saving 5 million 

11 minutes ago, Boycie said:

No way waggy is on 35k

I doubt anyone in the squad is on £35k a week

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Rample said:

We *shouldn't* need him, given that we went out and spent reasonable money on 2 new strikers.

I think in many ways we were wise to do that rather than risk waiting for a deal that might not happen.

Whether Abraham is higher quality is arguable, but the biggest downside is he will likely strengthen a rival club.

Very true, 

worth noting that Abraham has had one good season on loan at Bristol city and one very indifferent one on loan at Swansea in the premiership- so a guaranteed success I don’t think so but as many have said let’s make our players better 

1 hour ago, Kirkbyram said:

That’s not how it works though. We own Waghorn and therefore he is an asset. Abraham would be in loan and therefore would be worth nothing to us. If you buy a house for £100,000, you have £100,000 in assets. If you instead rent a nicer house with high monthly rent payments for a year at the end of the year you have nothing... but you have spent money on a nice house...

I thought someone would say this but I honestly feel like with Abraham up front we are promotion candidates

Then the loan asset can then bring in £180m and nobody would batter an eye

7 minutes ago, Dale The Ram said:

I thought someone would say this but I honestly feel like with Abraham up front we are promotion candidates

I think there are other problems to solve than goalscoring - Abraham is a natural finisher but I wouldn't say he creates chances - And we're not exactly creating chances for our CF at the moment - I can't recall a vast number of glaring misses by any of them so far this season

I think once we get the supply right we'll start seeing goals from our vast selection of number 9s

9 minutes ago, Dale The Ram said:

Then the loan asset can then bring in £180m and nobody would batter an eye

Oh I think a Scottish chip shop might.

26 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

I think there are other problems to solve than goalscoring - Abraham is a natural finisher but I wouldn't say he creates chances - And we're not exactly creating chances for our CF at the moment - I can't recall a vast number of glaring misses by any of them so far this season

I think once we get the supply right we'll start seeing goals from our vast selection of number 9s

He is very hard working and I would put him above every striker we have in every category 

I know what you mean though

3 hours ago, Kirkbyram said:

That’s not how it works though. We own Waghorn and therefore he is an asset. Abraham would be in loan and therefore would be worth nothing to us. If you buy a house for £100,000, you have £100,000 in assets. If you instead rent a nicer house with high monthly rent payments for a year at the end of the year you have nothing... but you have spent money on a nice house...

It is yet to be proven is Waghorn is an asset or not. An asset is something of worth, we are contracted to pay him for 3 years and have no idea of his value during that time. We own Blackman, Butterfield, Jerome, Martin etc. None are assets as we continue to pay them hefty wages with no chance of a return on our outlay. I suspect Waghorn may fall into this bracket, but hope I’m wrong. If we had paid the couple of million wages for Abraham and he scores for fun like last time he played in the championship, then money well spent. If he proves to be poo, we’ve wasted a couple of million. With Butterfield and Blackman Anya etc we have wasted at least 6 million on each with transfers, wages etc and are liabilities not assets. That’s actually how it works, silly comparison to houses in my opinion. 

2 hours ago, Dale The Ram said:

He is very hard working and I would put him above every striker we have in every category 

I know what you mean though

Take the blue sunglasses off.

1 hour ago, Doodle said:

It is yet to be proven is Waghorn is an asset or not. An asset is something of worth, we are contracted to pay him for 3 years and have no idea of his value during that time. We own Blackman, Butterfield, Jerome, Martin etc. None are assets as we continue to pay them hefty wages with no chance of a return on our outlay. I suspect Waghorn may fall into this bracket, but hope I’m wrong. If we had paid the couple of million wages for Abraham and he scores for fun like last time he played in the championship, then money well spent. If he proves to be poo, we’ve wasted a couple of million. With Butterfield and Blackman Anya etc we have wasted at least 6 million on each with transfers, wages etc and are liabilities not assets. That’s actually how it works, silly comparison to houses in my opinion. 

But they are assets, everything you own has a value on your accounts which helps with financial FairPlay. And of those 4 players you mentioned 2 have been on loan and we have received loan fees and a percentage of their wage paid. Also we will of course receive a fee if we sell any of those players. The house analogy is greatly simplified I agree but the basics behind it run true. 

Will Waghorn be a success? I certainly hope so and I think he should be given the chance. After all he was involved in more goals than any other player in the championship last season and scored and assisted a lot of goals in a low scoring Ipswich team. He has been picked specifically by our management team not just because he is available for loan from a team that a lot of them are connected to but because they think he is the best player available for the role. Perhaps I’m an optimist but I’ll be backing him and our other strikers rather than pining after a player who is so good he couldn’t get a move to the prem, the bundesliga, la liga, serie A etc..

4 hours ago, cheron85 said:

totally agree , a creative midfielder needed please Frank

20 minutes ago, Kirkbyram said:

But they are assets, everything you own has a value on your accounts which helps with financial FairPlay. And of those 4 players you mentioned 2 have been on loan and we have received loan fees and a percentage of their wage paid. Also we will of course receive a fee if we sell any of those players. The house analogy is greatly simplified I agree but the basics behind it run true. 

Will Waghorn be a success? I certainly hope so and I think he should be given the chance. After all he was involved in more goals than any other player in the championship last season and scored and assisted a lot of goals in a low scoring Ipswich team. He has been picked specifically by our management team not just because he is available for loan from a team that a lot of them are connected to but because they think he is the best player available for the role. Perhaps I’m an optimist but I’ll be backing him and our other strikers rather than pining after a player who is so good he couldn’t get a move to the prem, the bundesliga, la liga, serie A etc..

We may need to disagree on this. We have been trying to offload these players for the last few years and why are they still here? They are on higher wages than their ability commands and have no resale value because nobody else is stupid enough to buy them and pay them what we do. As for helping with FFP  it’s completely the opposite. When we have been trying to comply we have been desperate to offload to no avail. At no stage as anyone said, I know how to help with FFP, let’s spunk 10 million on another Butterfield, Anya and Blackman  offer them a combined 75 grand a week for 3 years and not play them. 

9 minutes ago, Doodle said:

We may need to disagree on this. We have been trying to offload these players for the last few years and why are they still here? They are on higher wages than their ability commands and have no resale value because nobody else is stupid enough to buy them and pay them what we do. As for helping with FFP  it’s completely the opposite. When we have been trying to comply we have been desperate to offload to no avail. At no stage as anyone said, I know how to help with FFP, let’s spunk 10 million on another Butterfield, Anya and Blackman  offer them a combined 75 grand a week for 3 years and not play them. 

I see your point, I have a slightly different view/understanding but I can absolutely see where you’re coming from. Let’s hope they all get sold, Waghorn bags 20 goals and Abraham moves to villa and scores 1 goal (against forest) and costs them a couple of million. ?

No. Just speculating. He hasn't gone  anywhere else and must be well aware how well things are going for his  two team mates.

It seems likely it is a striker since strikers are maybe going and its the out that will determine the in. Unless it is an experienced GK

6 minutes ago, t'oldu said:

No. Just speculating. He hasn't gone  anywhere else and must be well aware how well things are going for his  two team mates.

It seems likely it is a striker since strikers are maybe going and its the out that will determine the in. Unless it is an experienced GK

Another striker doesn't seem likely at all to me. We'll have Nugent, Marriott and Waghorn at the very least, for one striker spot. There's no point bringing in another on loan to leave two players we spent a lot of money on sitting on the bench. If anything, a centre mid seems the most likely because Butterfield doesn't seem part of Frank's plans and we could probably improve and get someone better to play alongside Mount 

I would be very disappointed if Abraham went to Villa. Last week it was suggested he would remain at Chelsea until at least January. Bruce has too many players and cant possibly know his best team. Derby should use the money from Jerome to get Abraham for the season. Waghorn and Marriott can play on the left and right of a front 3. Abraham scored pots of goals for an average Bristol City side and surely must be on the radar.

4 minutes ago, Harrowram said:

I would be very disappointed in Abraham went to Villa. Last week it was suggested he would remain at Chelsea until at least January. Bruce has too many players and cant possibly know his best team. Derby should use the money from Jerome to get Abraham for the season. Waghorn and Marriott can play on the left and right of a front 3.

We currently have in form Lawrence on one of the wings and Wilson who will eventually be a key player on another wing.

As much as I would love to get Abraham, not much chance of it happening.

Archived