Tammy Abraham - Joined Aston Villa

LB_DCFC

1 hour ago, Sparkle said:

Not necessarily so, when our normal window shuts we have until the end of August to have loan signings and loan signings with a commitment to sign permanently in the following window so in reality the window is shut but not really until the end of August 

To be fair I hadn't thought about the "loan to buy" route, but I always thought the loan window had a different set of rules to the normal transfer window.

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, thederbyram said:

To be fair I hadn't thought about the "loan to buy" route, but I always thought the loan window had a different set of rules to the normal transfer window.

.they just keep on changing stuff 

18 hours ago, Boycie said:

If Tammy signs @David said he’d ride a Grimsby Donkey bareback naked whilst singing “Mull of kintyre”

obvioulsy, watch him deny it.

I would travel to see that but could Dave sing 'little donkey' as it is a family favourite?

Just now, thederbyram said:

Transfer deadline is Thursday 9th January, 5pm.

That's after the Reading game, but 2 days before Leeds at home.

So if Abraham isn't in Chelsea's squad he can't be loaned to a Premier league side either? That means we could pick him up to face Leeds?

2 minutes ago, Harrowram said:

So if Abraham isn't in Chelsea's squad he can't be loaned to a Premier league side either? That means we could pick him up to face Leeds?

The Premier League's transfer window is also their loan window.

Championship's loan window lasts longer for some reason.

EDIT: So any Prem team that wants to loan him would have to do so before 5pm on the 9th. If he hasn't gone by then and he wants to play football, he'd have to move to the Championship on loan.

1 minute ago, Harrowram said:

Dies that mean that Abraham has to be loaned by 9 August too?

Not by us, we've got until the end of August. And we can loan from the Prem in that time.

But Premier League clubs have until 9th August to sign players, loan or permanent, yes.

Just now, Harrowram said:

Thanks for that. So there are still loan options but I guess the wage bill has to be under control which means that some players will either have to sold or loaned out to make room for incomers. It could be a busy period.

It's a strange one, and there may be plenty of workarounds in the Championship.

We can loan for nearly a month longer than we can transfer, so there may well be loan deals going through "with a view to a permanent" which are essentially permanent deals in all but name.

1 minute ago, David said:

Abraham is only 20 years old, Premier League clubs can have an unlimited amount of under 21s in their squad so Chelsea won't have to name him as one of their 25.

Appreicate you're probably not replying to me, but Prem teams can't sign him on loan after the transfer deadline. If he's 4th/5th choice striker at Chelsea (regardless of registration rules) he and Chelsea may prefer him to play football. If so, you'd expect we'd be high on the list in regards to getting him in.

Just now, thederbyram said:

Appreicate you're probably not replying to me, but Prem teams can't sign him on loan after the transfer deadline. If he's 4th/5th choice striker at Chelsea (regardless of registration rules) he and Chelsea may prefer him to play football. If so, you'd expect we'd be high on the list in regards to getting him in.

It was @Harrowram that asked the question "What is the deadline by which Premier league teams have to announce their squad of 25?"

I should have quoted him to be honest, sorry!

Archived