Tammy Abraham - Joined Aston Villa

LB_DCFC

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Show me a footballer that prefers the Championship over the Premier League and I’ll show you a fibber.

Tammy Abraham would prefer to play in the Premier League, I could have told you that weeks before Nixon. Has to get an offer from a Premier League club though. 

clarkeram7

Id argue that if Vydra got sold tomorrow between 12-15 million we'd have the funds to possibly go out and sign the lad permanently. 

He didn't have a great season at a poor Swansea side, would you rather sit on the bench in the premier league or sign a 3/4 year contract for a championship side and play every week as a main striker. He's only what 21/22 and with his former youth coach involved it's surely tempting for him. 

Of course he prefers prem, we'll just be there waiting in case he doesn't get any decent offers from prem. 

I don't think we'll get him, but like any transfer we'll have a list of options, he was probably top of the list and I'm glad our 1st options are the likes of TA, so long as our 2nd and 3rd choices are also high quality

12 minutes ago, clarkeram7 said:

Id argue that if Vydra got sold tomorrow between 12-15 million we'd have the funds to possibly go out and sign the lad permanently. 

He didn't have a great season at a poor Swansea side, would you rather sit on the bench in the premier league or sign a 3/4 year contract for a championship side and play every week as a main striker. He's only what 21/22 and with his former youth coach involved it's surely tempting for him. 

Chelsea wouldn’t let him go for such a measly fee, and why should they? He’s a year younger than Zanzala and he’s played for England, was the second highest scoring teenager in the Premier League last season (behind Rashford) and already scored 26 goals at this level - when he was 18! 

It’s not the right time for Chelsea to sell, but they’d want a cheap buy back clause and upwards of £30m to entertain the thought. 

Also, he’s on £50k/week at Chelsea according to Bristol City fans. 

18 minutes ago, clarkeram7 said:

We won't be able to invest the Vydra money and some on 1 player...it will be used to get some fresh faces in and clear some of the debt....

29 minutes ago, David said:

Show me a footballer that prefers the Championship over the Premier League and I’ll show you a fibber.

Tammy Abraham would prefer to play in the Premier League, I could have told you that weeks before Nixon. Has to get an offer from a Premier League club though. 

Craig Bellamy...what do I win?

12 minutes ago, Dimmu said:

Missed the obvious one in Craig Bryson.

Staying at Derby doesn’t mean that Bryson would prefer Championship football, I bet if you asked him where do you want to play his answer would be the Premier League.

6 minutes ago, David said:

Staying at Derby doesn’t mean that Bryson would prefer Championship football, I bet if you asked him where do you want to play his answer would be the Premier League.

Sure. My answer was as narrow-minded as the question. There's a lot's of factors which has an effect on decision making.

13 hours ago, bigbadbob said:

Still watching. Are you sure we're watching the right but if space

Are you saying that my but looks big in this or that there may not be enough space for My right but? I May not have the right but but it is the only but that I have. If you do not have space to watch the right but that is not my issue. No buts it has to be butter. ???No offence Nintendo. 

7 minutes ago, Dimmu said:

Sure. My answer was as narrow-minded as the question. There's a lot's of factors which has an effect on decision making.

It was rhetorical to be honest as it’s obvious, like you say other factors play a part in where the player moves to.

If Derby say to Abraham, you will have the number 9 shirt, the place would be yours to lose in the team, we want you to lead the line and be our key to the Premier League.

In come Burnley, hey Tammy, we heard you want to stay in the Premier League, we can’t guarentee you football, you’ll be more of a backup for Woods, which move would he fancy more?

By joining Derby wouldn’t mean he prefers Championship football. Month to go of the normal window, he’s in no rush to jump at our offer if one is in. Sensible on his part to wait and see if anything else comes up. 

1 minute ago, David said:

It was rhetorical to be honest as it’s obvious, like you say other factors play a part in where the player moves to.

If Derby say to Abraham, you will have the number 9 shirt, the place would be yours to lose in the team, we want you to lead the line and be our key to the Premier League.

In come Burnley, hey Tammy, we heard you want to stay in the Premier League, we can’t guarentee you football, you’ll be more of a backup for Woods, which move would he fancy more?

By joining Derby wouldn’t mean he prefers Championship football. Month to go of the normal window, he’s in no rush to jump at our offer if one is in. Sensible on his part to wait and see if anything else comes up. 

Exactly. Let's not lose our heads; this isn't a "no" from Abraham, this is a "we'll see". The longer it goes on, the more likely we get him I think.

3 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

We don’t actually know if we have made a genuine approach for him do we? 

Seems like we are ready and waiting to see if any Prem clubs go in for him first.

Like your mother kindly waiting for you when you storm out the house only to return with your Tail between your legs later on.

4 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

The important question for me is if he did sign will he mysteriously get an 'S' added to his surname like Hendrick did?

Perfectly reasonable and an extra letter on the shirt for the club to sell

Archived