Tammy Abraham - Joined Aston Villa

LB_DCFC

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Edtheram said:

Question is when do you think signings will be made? I thought the club were waiting till July 1st, I was wrong. I now doubt any signings will be announced before next Monday as the lads are away in Tenerife. Lampard said that we have comes coming up pretty soonish after next week so surely you'd want to give your signings time to bed in - It is a shortened window you know Frank ?

Lucky lads.....

Hope it'll be worth the wait for them.

2 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I think we will wait until all players are sold to rivals, all remaining staff members are sent for culling and Mel Morris has fully charged his drone.

Only then will we make our first signing 

2nd August.

We can still sign loans until the end of August- ie once certain difficulties are observed in real games

Wheels are obviously turning, if Weimann and especially Vydra move on, then you can bet the incoming moves will be announced around the same time in appeasement.

From an ex-pro at the time, I know the Commons deal was literally signed about a week before he was actually announced, so who's to say what is already agreed.

The Chelsea boss saga must be stalling things somewhat though, especially for players of Tammy's stature.  Could be that the new guy wants to keep, loan to a higher league, or sell them. Might be that Vitesse get first option, or they are waiting a while to see if there is Premier League interest.  

I think IF we get any of the bigger players like that it will be a lot closer to the deadline, possibly even in the 2 weeks after the official deadline where we can still utilise the loan market.

2 hours ago, Rample said:

Wheels are obviously turning, if Weimann and especially Vydra move on, then you can bet the incoming moves will be announced around the same time in appeasement.

From an ex-pro at the time, I know the Commons deal was literally signed about a week before he was actually announced, so who's to say what is already agreed.

The Chelsea boss saga must be stalling things somewhat though, especially for players of Tammy's stature.  Could be that the new guy wants to keep, loan to a higher league, or sell them. Might be that Vitesse get first option, or they are waiting a while to see if there is Premier League interest.  

I think IF we get any of the bigger players like that it will be a lot closer to the deadline, possibly even in the 2 weeks after the official deadline where we can still utilise the loan market.

From August 9th to the 31st @Rample but I agree with your main point ?

Just now, Oldben said:

so the club loses Vydra, Martin, Weimann, Winnall.

Brings in a loan player in Abraham, excuse me for not being impressed, though i dont mind losing Martin, Weinmann and Winnal.

So what you’re REALLY saying is Vydra for Abraham isn’t impressing you?

1 minute ago, Oldben said:

Brings in a loan player in Abraham, excuse me for not being impressed, though i dont mind losing Martin, Weinmann and Winnal.

Martin - not yet gone.

Vydra -  not yet gone.

Weimann - Not yet gone, although just a matter of time.

Winnall - inevitably gone, but did we really want a crocked player signed at this stage??

Abraham - not yet signed, that’s it he signs at all.

why not wait til the transfer business is complete to decide weather you are impressed or not??

11 minutes ago, Oldben said:

I don't think Winnall is a closed door. He's still undergoing rehab and we might be looking around, but he doesn't seem to have much of a future at Wednesday so I think if we do get to a position where we offload enough of our strikers (Martin, Nugent, Jerome, Blackman) in addition to Vydra being replaced, we might bring him in as a fairly inexpensive rotation option. 

19 minutes ago, Oldben said:

Put another way - Bring in net 'profit' of £15m, reduce wage bill by (another) £5m, smaller, hungrier squad = Healthier club. The right direction IMO.

People don't seem to understand that we NEED TO REDUCE WAGES. If Vydra is the only sellable asset we have then he has to go. If we can bring in Abraham on loan as a replacement then it's brilliant business. Even if it's not Abraham, the replacement will definitely be worth while.

6 minutes ago, ShoreRam said:

Put another way - Bring in net 'profit' of £15m, reduce wage bill by (another) £5m, smaller, hungrier squad = Healthier club. The right direction IMO.

Indeed - I'd say that this is the season to really exploit the loan market. The problem with loan players is that they leave gaps in your squad when they go back. Yet I think that's a risk worth taking this season with a clear route forward to overcome the problem.

Quite a few players are out of contract next summer, including the residue of the Clement era spree. The high fees and wages of these players have been a massive drain on the FFP calculation. We can't spend very much now without outgoings balancing the budget. This time next year our finances will look far more sensible and we should have quite a bit of financial room for significant transfer expenditure. So if we loan in five quality players and they form a high proportion of our first team, we should have the money to replace three or four of them for next season. 

We've also got several young players looking like they might start to break into the first team squad. If a couple of them break through it makes the budget for next season look even better with fewer gaps to fill.

All of the above assumes we don't get promoted of course. If Tammy Abraham comes in and fires us into the Premier League, we might even be able to buy him anyway.

15 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Brilliant business?

mismanaged finances forcing player sales.

Yes but how can you moan at the chairman for giving it a go. I guarantee you when we made all those signings especially in the Clement reign, you were happy ? It didn't work out. That's football. We now have to build again. For what it's worth I would much rather have Abraham than Vydra.

Which players are the forced sales? When I hear that I picture the club reluctantly selling players in a needs must situation.

Vydra keeps getting mentioned, understandable, golden boot winner. If we change to a system like 4-3-3 or 3-4-3 a number 10 is surplus to requirements. We’ve seen him out wide, and it wasn’t great. 

Vydra is a decent player, he is, but is he one you walk into a club and say let’s build a team around him? Probably not.

We heard how Rowett had to put his arm around him several times and boost his ego a bit, just to keep him going, that’s ok, no issues. But when things get a bit tough, tends to go into hiding a bit when we need him the most.

Now if Lampard and Morris have an idea of how they want their team to play and that doesn’t involve a number 10, is he that good to change the way they think? 

If those that are deemed surplus to requirements including contracts that have expired also lower the wage bill, are we really being forced or is it a win/win?

Again it’s a shame that once again there doesn’t seem to be a bidding war taking place, Hughes and now Vydra, just one PL club could see an extra £5m on the price easily. Does beg the question, under all those goals, should he be taking control of games a bit more, would we then be looking at fees closer to that of Maddison who’s just gone to Leicester?

1 hour ago, Oldben said:

Jerome already came to replace Martin/Winnall. So I guess in this hypothetical situation it'd be:

Out:

Vydra

Martin

Weimann

Winnall (due to injury)

In:

Jerome

Abraham

Palmer

A.N. other probably (from Posh or Chelsea or Baylis? or multiple)

Profit: Considerable 

Compared to some previous windows it'd be pretty good in my book. All a case of opinions though I guess

2 minutes ago, David said:

Vydra keeps getting mentioned, understandable, golden boot winner. If we change to a system like 4-3-3 or 3-4-3 a number 10 is surplus to requirements. We’ve seen him out wide, and it wasn’t great. 

This is the key for me - As a number 10 he's well worth £15m - As a winger he's worth about £5m - Maybe less because he's less effective than Lawrence out there

Not many sides play with a number 10 any more - And those who do tend to be attacking midfielders who drop back a little more - Good runners who cover box to box - A little like our Franky - That's not Vydra

45 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

This is the key for me - As a number 10 he's well worth £15m - As a winger he's worth about £5m - Maybe less because he's less effective than Lawrence out there

Not many sides play with a number 10 any more - And those who do tend to be attacking midfielders who drop back a little more - Good runners who cover box to box - A little like our Franky - That's not Vydra

As a left winger, he's not even worth £2m. 

Archived