Tammy Abraham - Joined Aston Villa

LB_DCFC

1 hour ago, TigerTedd said:

The fact that Chelsea scored none makes me think they might be looking at getting new strikers in ASAP. That’ll push Abraham down the pecking order again. Didn’t watch the game, did he show enough to say he worth a place in the squad in the league regularly?

Nope, but if he does play for them they will finish outside of the top six 

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, r4derby said:

If Chelski go out and buy another centre forward, and don’t get rid of Giroud/Batshuayi/Morata, there’s a good chance of us getting him (assuming Frank and co want him). But Tammy coming on makes me think this probably won’t happen

I didn’t watch the match mate. Seemed like a stroll for City. Chelsea creating chances will be key to any strikers they bring in/play. Tammy needs gams to improve, and I’m undecided whether Sarri is the sort of manager to want to play youth or just talks them up preseason

5 minutes ago, t'oldu said:

Prem clubs to/from  Prem club window now closed............................      so its abroad or Championship Tammy....

Chelsea can certainly sell and loan players until all the transfer windows shut - I am not sure we actually need him at this point do we? 

8 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Chelsea can certainly sell and loan players until all the transfer windows shut - I am not sure we actually need him at this point do we? 

He cannot now go out on LOAN to another Prem club.......... which is what he was angling for.   

9 minutes ago, t'oldu said:

He cannot now go out on LOAN to another Prem club.......... which is what he was angling for.   

Good point. All eyes on the Chelsea team sheets for the next couple of weeks...

I don’t expect him to be a loan target for Derby but some of the other teams expected to be challenging for promotion like Forest stoke boro or Leeds would be silly not to throw money at Chelsea to get him in. I’m certain he would turn contenders into certainties for promotion 

Chelsea press are pretty determined they want to keep him around. 

I think he'll take the chance at being a regular on the Chelsea bench over another season on loan - especially when that loan is outside of the championship

5 minutes ago, Doodle said:

I don’t expect him to be a loan target for Derby but some of the other teams expected to be challenging for promotion like Forest stoke boro or Leeds would be silly not to throw money at Chelsea to get him in. I’m certain he would turn contenders into certainties for promotion 

Hes not a player like Rubin Neves who could have that sort of impact on a team, hes fast and strong but not great technically basically hes like a young Welbeck he could 20 odd goals for a team at his level but that doesn't turn  a decent team into automatic promotion certainties.

4 minutes ago, StaffsRam said:

Swansea would seem obvious.....

..because he was there last year, OK, but he's also been at Bristol City and we have the Frank factor.

Main point for me is that he's probably too far advanced in his career for the Championship now which makes me wonder if he's going to be involved at Chelsea. Not sure he is quite at that point though.

Archived