Tammy Abraham - Joined Aston Villa

LB_DCFC

On 23/07/2018 at 16:46, thederbyram said:

Appreicate you're probably not replying to me, but Prem teams can't sign him on loan after the transfer deadline. If he's 4th/5th choice striker at Chelsea (regardless of registration rules) he and Chelsea may prefer him to play football. If so, you'd expect we'd be high on the list in regards to getting him in.

Silly suggestion but if we eventually loaned in Abraham (after signing Waggy) because a) he becomes available, and b) we can, we subsequently loan Marriott out to get used to Championship footy for 4 months at Bristol City or whoever. Win, win right?

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Rample said:

Silly suggestion but if we eventually loaned in Abraham (after signing Waggy) because a) he becomes available, and b) we can, we subsequently loan Marriott out to get used to Championship footy for 4 months at Bristol City or whoever. Win, win right?

Absolutely not. I want Marriott scoring for us 

8 hours ago, EnigmaRam said:

Abraham has until towards the end of August where he can go on loan. Deadline day is 9th August for permanent transfers. Not sure what you suggest is realistic if he’s holding out for a Prem move. The transfer window will have shut 3 weeks before!

I thought that was loans to championship sides. I thought all prem business had to be done by 9 th. could be wrong tho. Going on memory not checked it out 

1 minute ago, hintonsboots said:

Surely Chelsea wouldn't want him wasting his time at Villa, boring one dimensional football, maybe Stoke would be an option ?

Asked and answered to why Rowett's Stoke wouldn't be an option. I'm fairly sure we would sign him over any other Championship club, but it would be dependant on Vydra moving on. Abraham would be perfect for this team/system, though. He's a focal point who runs the channels and knocks defenders from pillar to post. 

Most promising striker I've seen at this level for many of years. He was excellent for Bristol. 

Before we found out how Frank wanted to play I was all over getting Abraham in. Linked with both Marriott and Abraham, i was buzzing. But, Is Tammy that kind of striker who will hassle defenders ? Not sure he'd fit, and he is definitely too good to be sat on the bench

4 minutes ago, jimbobram said:

Before we found out how Frank wanted to play I was all over getting Abraham in. Linked with both Marriott and Abraham, i was buzzing. But, Is Tammy that kind of striker who will hassle defenders ? Not sure he'd fit, and he is definitely too good to be sat on the bench

Asked a mate who supports Bristol City this a few weeks back and he said he worked his socks off for them

Just now, jimbobram said:

Very much so, a couple of seasons ago he knocked about pretty much every defender at this level. For me, he's a much taller, stronger version of Assombalonga. I'd say like Marriott, most of his goals come from inside the area, but he's able to go man-for-man physically and get his shot off. 

3 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

Asked a mate who supports Bristol City this a few weeks back and he said he worked his socks off for them

3 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Very much so, a couple of seasons ago he knocked about pretty much every defender at this level. For me, he's a much taller, stronger version of Assombalonga. I'd say like Marriott, most of his goals come from inside the area, but he's able to go man-for-man physically and get his shot off. 

Happy days then. I must admit i probably didn't bother watching swansea on motd or sky due to them being poo but I didn't realise he was that kind of player. 

12 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

ooh-matron-kenneth-williams-carry-on-bouvier-des-flandres-puppies-for-sale-uk.jpg

Archived