Ex Rams

David

3 minutes ago, David said:

I believe Jake had been offered a coaches role at Derby and 6 months ago was likely to snap your hands off for the job, in January he wasn't playing, then when he did get back in the moron's were booing him. It's probably only his superb (and I mean superb) performances over the last 3 months of the season that persuaded him to stay and carry on playing.

Our gain for sure. 

He may well end up back at the Rams but I for one am delighted he's sticking around at Burton for another 12 months.

It won't surprise you lot to see Jake proving his doubters wrong once again. The bloke is a proper footballer, a proper mans defender and an inspiration.

He's repaying the incredible faith Nigel has shown in him again and being brutal about it, I think he owes Nigel another year.

Once again boo boys know less than they think.

COYB.

• Replies 636
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, NewquayRam said:

Mark O'Brien has been sent off in the League 2 playoff final for Newport in a match that has Ben Pringle playing for Tranmere. They were supposedly going to be a big part of our future once upon a time. 

O'B made his debut as a 16 year old in the championship, playing in such a physical position as centre half, I don't know many centre backs who made their debut so young and so high up the divisions. He was always "only" ever going to be a head it and kick it player but for a dozen games or so he did a great job. Tough to come back from a hole in the heart but seeing how tough he was at 16 it hasn't surprised to me. His heart might not have been healthy but it sure was huge.

Pringle came from quite low down the non-league ladder (was it Ilson Town or was it some tiny club up north, I can't recall?) and then went on to play for a couple of championship clubs as well. He always looked tidy whenever I saw him play.

I think both of them have done really well to forge themselves a league football career, it's been really nice to see. 

I probably wouldn't use the word "supposedly" I'd probably use "hopefully"

That's where "we" were as a club then, signing and playing potential and praying we found a gem to either sell or play.

On another note, blimey but that lad McNulty for Tranmere is a unit.

13 minutes ago, ronnieronalde said:

O'B made his debut as a 16 year old in the championship, playing in such a physical position as centre half, I don't know many centre backs who made their debut so young and so high up the divisions. He was always "only" ever going to be a head it and kick it player but for a dozen games or so he did a great job. Tough to come back from a hole in the heart but seeing how tough he was at 16 it hasn't surprised to me. His heart might not have been healthy but it sure was huge.

Pringle came from quite low down the non-league ladder (was it Ilson Town or was it some tiny club up north, I can't recall?) and then went on to play for a couple of championship clubs as well. He always looked tidy whenever I saw him play.

I think both of them have done really well to forge themselves a league football career, it's been really nice to see. 

I probably wouldn't use the word "supposedly" I'd probably use "hopefully"

That's where "we" were as a club then, signing and playing potential and praying we found a gem to either sell or play.

On another note, blimey but that lad McNulty for Tranmere is a unit.

He must be a fan that's won a competition to come on for the last 10 minutes surely?! 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived