Ex Rams

David

• Replies 636
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Will Hughes made 6 tackles for Watford against Burnley, twice as many as any other Watford player.

But he can't tackle according to some... Too lightweight.

That was always nonsense. Hughes was always way better at tackling than Bryson or Hendrick were, people just didn't recognise it. 

11 hours ago, Boycie said:

Hughes was a great tackler at Derby.

Indeed he was. Only two players ever managed more tackles per game than Hughes at Derby.

George Thorne and John Eustace.

As it stands, no-one has made more tackles in the PL than him so far this season, he's made 6 in both games. 

Admittedly, that will go down as they play against more of the top teams but it's still a great stat for the here and now.

5 hours ago, SaintRam said:

Indeed he was. Only two players ever managed more tackles per game than Hughes at Derby.

George Thorne and John Eustace.

As it stands, no-one has made more tackles in the PL than him so far this season, he's made 6 in both games. 

Admittedly, that will go down as they play against more of the top teams but it's still a great stat for the here and now.

Or maybe it will go up as the opposition have more of the ball?

1 minute ago, richinspain said:

Or maybe it will go up as the opposition have more of the ball?

Statistically, tackle stats get slammed against the good teams. They tend to lose the ball via interception, or it going out of play. Getting tackled is genuinely rare.

Andi Weimann joint top scorer.

Said this before last nights game....

"I've said before, I'm finally playing through the middle again, where I think I can score goals.

"Obviously getting goals in my first two games settled me down a little bit - I feel confident and even on Saturday I got into a few positions where I could have scored.

"I'm getting into positions where I can score goals so I've just got to keep getting there to score a few more goals."

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/andreas-weimann-explains-return-goal-1919814

6 hours ago, David said:

Andi Weimann joint top scorer.

Said this before last nights game....

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/andreas-weimann-explains-return-goal-1919814

Aren’t coaches bloody fools eh?

Blackman thinks the same to regards his position.

Im genuinely happy for Weimann, he’s a good guy and try’s his hardest for he team.

9 hours ago, gccrowdpleaser said:

Does anyone remember if there was mention of a clause in the Will Hughes contract based on him playing for England. I hear that he'll be England squad announced for the game against Spain. That's assuming he comes through the weekend unscathed. 

If there isn’t one, someone wants shooting...

Sith Happens
On 24/08/2018 at 10:18, gccrowdpleaser said:

Does anyone remember if there was mention of a clause in the Will Hughes contract based on him playing for England. I hear that he'll be England squad announced for the game against Spain. That's assuming he comes through the weekend unscathed. 

15 hours ago, jimbo jones said:

If there isn’t one, someone wants shooting...

If there is i dont think it would be plastered over the press. Derby seem to be getting quite cautious what they release about incomings. It took ages for them to announce they had got some money from Huddersfield staying up.

On 24/08/2018 at 10:18, gccrowdpleaser said:

Too late from Southgate who needed him on the plane. We were crying out for a technical tough attacking midfielder who could control games in the way Lingard or Alli can't do - hence being overrun by a decent midfield like Croatia's. 

Archived