David

Ex Rams

58 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

a gang that did something that no other team at Derby County has done since 1996....

Followed by humiliating the whole club by cementing us as the worst team in Premier League history.

2 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Followed by doing something no team has ever done before, being worse than Sunderland 

And..? I thought the Premiershite was the holy grail of football..? Where everyone wanted to be? The best league in the world..?

To quote “better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all”.......Kenny Miller

7 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

To quote “better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all”.......Kenny Miller

I very rarely agree with you but that's not a bad point.

10 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

And..? I thought the Premiershite was the holy grail of football..? Where everyone wanted to be? The best league in the world..?

It is, but quite clearly that team and manager was miles away from being good enough for it. Why would you build your team around players who couldn’t hack it a decade ago, yet alone now?

That article brought back some memories.

Once labelled "the next Paul Gascoigne".

I remember reading that sort of stuff about him as a kid. Getting so excited about what he could be.

Really hammers it home. Doesn't matter how good a young player looks, how much hype there is about them, no-ones certain of developing into anything of note.

On 01/01/2019 at 20:23, RadioactiveWaste said:

Simon Dawkins is training with Ipswich trying to get a deal.

Good luck to him, always liked him and felt he was a bit underrated.

Signed a contract until the end of the season.

On 07/01/2019 at 18:05, Andicis said:

Followed by humiliating the whole club by cementing us as the worst team in Premier League history.

That wasn't the team's fault - it was Billy Davies. He cleared off on holiday for a month after Wembley, by which all the players we should have been in for had already been signed up elsewhere. Then he tried to take on the might of the Premiership with hoofball which, apart from one season by Wimbledon, has never worked. Ad it didn't work for us. On top of that, Billy was already planning geting him self sacked well before a ball was kicked in the Premiership. We didn't stand a chance!

9 minutes ago, DavesaRam said:

That wasn't the team's fault - it was Billy Davies. He cleared off on holiday for a month after Wembley, by which all the players we should have been in for had already been signed up elsewhere. Then he tried to take on the might of the Premiership with hoofball which, apart from one season by Wimbledon, has never worked. Ad it didn't work for us. On top of that, Billy was already planning geting him self sacked well before a ball was kicked in the Premiership. We didn't stand a chance!

Stoke under Pulis did a great job of hoof ball in the Premier League. Whilst I fully accept a lot of the blame falls on Billy, the players were equally not good enough, most of them were mid to bottom tier championship players.

8 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Stoke under Pulis did a great job of hoof ball in the Premier League. Whilst I fully accept a lot of the blame falls on Billy, the players were equally not good enough, most of them were mid to bottom tier championship players.

Agreed, but that was because the Gnome completely messed up the transfer activity required for a Premiership campaign, and left us with an inadequate squad.

Just now, DavesaRam said:

Agreed, but that was because the Gnome completely messed up the transfer activity required for a Premiership campaign, and left us with an inadequate squad.

do you really think that spending the magic beans a month earlier would have made any difference? Seriously?

22 minutes ago, Moist One said:

do you really think that spending the magic beans a month earlier would have made any difference? Seriously?

It might have meant us having some Premier League player in the team. That might have made a difference. Remember, Billy didn't do hoofball with Forest, did he? But he did do the "Time to get myself sacked routine" routine though ....... twice!