Ex Rams

David

• Replies 636
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, TuffLuff said:

Ha, sorry Monday morning grumpiness got the better of me.

Yeah defo, I only wish to see QPR relegated. When Benitez quits Newcastle with a week to go in the January, Mac might get his head turned again anyway ?

Yeah, I can’t srand qpr, second only to forest. I even prefer Leeds. But I like mcclaren. So I’m torn. I was laughing my arse off at their early horrendous run of results. But it is impressive how he’s turned that all around. As long as they rake a few points off our rivals now. 

Oh no. Horrible thought. What about a qpr derby play off final rematch this season. Arrgghhh!!!!!

2 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Followed by doing something no team has ever done before, being worse than Sunderland 

And..? I thought the Premiershite was the holy grail of football..? Where everyone wanted to be? The best league in the world..?

To quote “better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all”.......Kenny Miller

10 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

And..? I thought the Premiershite was the holy grail of football..? Where everyone wanted to be? The best league in the world..?

To quote “better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all”.......Kenny Miller

It is, but quite clearly that team and manager was miles away from being good enough for it. Why would you build your team around players who couldn’t hack it a decade ago, yet alone now?

That article brought back some memories.

Once labelled "the next Paul Gascoigne".

I remember reading that sort of stuff about him as a kid. Getting so excited about what he could be.

Really hammers it home. Doesn't matter how good a young player looks, how much hype there is about them, no-ones certain of developing into anything of note.

On 07/01/2019 at 18:05, Andicis said:

Followed by humiliating the whole club by cementing us as the worst team in Premier League history.

That wasn't the team's fault - it was Billy Davies. He cleared off on holiday for a month after Wembley, by which all the players we should have been in for had already been signed up elsewhere. Then he tried to take on the might of the Premiership with hoofball which, apart from one season by Wimbledon, has never worked. Ad it didn't work for us. On top of that, Billy was already planning geting him self sacked well before a ball was kicked in the Premiership. We didn't stand a chance!

9 minutes ago, DavesaRam said:

That wasn't the team's fault - it was Billy Davies. He cleared off on holiday for a month after Wembley, by which all the players we should have been in for had already been signed up elsewhere. Then he tried to take on the might of the Premiership with hoofball which, apart from one season by Wimbledon, has never worked. Ad it didn't work for us. On top of that, Billy was already planning geting him self sacked well before a ball was kicked in the Premiership. We didn't stand a chance!

Stoke under Pulis did a great job of hoof ball in the Premier League. Whilst I fully accept a lot of the blame falls on Billy, the players were equally not good enough, most of them were mid to bottom tier championship players.

8 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Stoke under Pulis did a great job of hoof ball in the Premier League. Whilst I fully accept a lot of the blame falls on Billy, the players were equally not good enough, most of them were mid to bottom tier championship players.

Agreed, but that was because the Gnome completely messed up the transfer activity required for a Premiership campaign, and left us with an inadequate squad.

Archived