Kasey Palmer - Signed for Blackburn on loan

DarkFruitsRam7

12 minutes ago, DcfcJack said:

Such a derby thing to do, we get teased with potential signings only to be shot down with training gear. 

You say that but in fairness it isn't Derby who 'teased'. 

People are just letting the pre-season boredom get to their heads a little, me thinks.

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

You say that but in fairness it isn't Derby who 'teased'. 

People are just letting the pre-season boredom get to their heads a little, me thinks.

Yeah I suppose, just thought it was dead cert with all the links and cryptic messages, suppose It might still happen, I just want something to happen!

4 minutes ago, DcfcJack said:

Yeah I suppose, just thought it was dead cert with all the links and cryptic messages, suppose It might still happen, I just want something to happen!

Oh Palmer is still very likely, but if they haven't announced it up until now and I don't see why they'd announce it today. I am fairly confident we'll have had some transfer announcements before the end of the day on Monday.

2 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Oh Palmer is still very likely, but if they haven't announced it up until now and I don't see why they'd announce it today. I am fairly confident we'll have had some transfer announcements before the end of the day on Monday.

Could because the squad reports back for training tomorrow ?

Just now, RiddingsRam said:

Could because the squad reports back for training tomorrow ?

They report back for the fitness check-ups and stuff, we get a day of videos and interviews with whichever player is on the physio's bed. Training won't start until next week.

With the fitness stuff, its really easy to avoid showing any unannounced players that might be around. We've got experience with things like that. You'd expect an announcement before training begins though or at least before videos of the players training get released, which will likely be Monday.

39 minutes ago, DcfcJack said:

Such a derby thing to do, we get teased with potential signings only to be shot down with training gear. 

They did a similar thing earlier this year too so I expected this occasion to be something like clothing, which it was. I’ve just lowered my expectations  whenever any ‘exciting’ announcements by the club or anyone else is suggested, that way you cannot be disappointed when the inevitable happens and if the news truly is exciting when it would be a pleasant surprise.

13 minutes ago, McLovin said:

They did a similar thing earlier this year too so I expected this occasion to be something like clothing, which it was. I’ve just lowered my expectations  whenever any ‘exciting’ announcements by the club or anyone else is suggested, that way you cannot be disappointed when the inevitable happens and if the news truly is exciting when it would be a pleasant surprise.

I usually do keep my expectations low, just fell into the trap this time.

53 minutes ago, DcfcJack said:

Haha I admit it I was getting excited about it being Kasey Palmer and hios pals from Chelsea arriving outside Pride Park in VW Campervan! 

Nothing will ever trump Leeds though on deadline day: 

image.png.d87c44f51096f039b6d592e215393857.png

Pretty sure they sold two more players and signed noone after this... 

This was a good day for football! ?

1 minute ago, David said:

A boxer made a tweet and many got carried away thinking we had signed someone, now blaming Derby for letting them down when they didn't tease anything, nothing at all. 'Kin ell ? 

I wanted to use every reaction available.

6 minutes ago, 'Rambe33 said:

Haha I admit it I was getting excited about it being Kasey Palmer and hios pals from Chelsea arriving outside Pride Park in VW Campervan! 

Nothing will ever trump Leeds though on deadline day: 

image.png.d87c44f51096f039b6d592e215393857.png

Pretty sure they sold two more players and signed noone after this... 

This was a good day for football! ?

What about deadline day for us under Pearson, stayed up all night just to sell Martin and buy anya and Chris Weale, dark days.

3 minutes ago, David said:

A boxer made a tweet and many got carried away thinking we had signed someone, now blaming Derby for letting them down when they didn't tease anything, nothing at all. 'Kin ell ? 

I’m not one of those who thought it would be to do with any incomings but she didn’t deny it when people asked her whether we were signing anyone? She could have shut down any transfer rumours by categorically denying that it had anything to do with any potential signings.

Just now, McLovin said:

I’m not one of those who thought it would be to do with any incomings but she didn’t deny it when people asked her whether we were signing anyone? She could have shut down any transfer rumours by categorically denying that it had anything to do with any potential signings.

That's not her responsibility. 

6 minutes ago, David said:

Must say I bought into it thinking she meant it was palmer, but that wasn't the only thing hinting at it, the whole thing with Thorne and the cryptic message in instagram, the signs where there, and after all that you hear there's gonna be an announcement, you can only assume.

3 minutes ago, DcfcJack said:

What about deadline day for us under Pearson, stayed up all night just to sell Martin and buy anya and Chris Weale, dark days.

Very true! The Chris Weale one was baffling. A bit of a charity case. We do love a "help a footballer find a home". At least Lee Naylor got a game under McClaren having been released by Accrington Stanley...

4 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Probably thought it was amusing like I did seeing everyone put 2+2 together and = 744655473636 ?

Archived