Things you wish you were good at?

Coneheadjohn

1 hour ago, reveldevil said:

I'll even pretend I haven't seen people when I'm out and about who I have a casual relationship with, or even colleagues past or present, just to avoid having to make small talk with them.

Even if I like them, and enjoy their company!

I do that too!!! ?

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Social situations.

All of them, period.

I'll even pretend I haven't seen people when I'm out and about who I have a casual relationship with, or even colleagues past or present, just to avoid having to make small talk with them.

This surprises me, you have a great sense of humour on here, quick whitted and come across wry confident..

One of the top posters on here..

28 minutes ago, McRamFan said:

Handwriting, I blame keyboards, hardly write anything nowadays and its unreadable when I do, and I'm the one that can't read it!

I have completely lost the art of joined up writing, I print everything when I write now..

Social situations.

All of them, period.

I wanted to ignore this post and pretend it wasn’t there.?

I can relate to it, I too struggle with all the above, in fact it took a lot of courage to say hello to @Angry Ram in Covent Garden recently, even though I’d spotted him about 5-10 mins prior.  But once I’d broke the ice, it was fine.

But the weird thing is, I meet customers everyday, some new, some returning. Weird isn’t it?

1 hour ago, Steve How Hard? said:

Golf. My game is in bits at the moment. All this lovely weather and my game is so bad at the moment that I'm just not enjoying playing. ☹️

Played golf quite a bit but never really enjoyed playing in weather like we have at the moment - much preferred cool, damp conditions.

28 minutes ago, Boycie said:

I wanted to ignore this post and pretend it wasn’t there.?

I can relate to it, I too struggle with all the above, in fact it took a lot of courage to say hello to @Angry Ram in Covent Garden recently, even though I’d spotted him about 5-10 mins prior.  But once I’d broke the ice, it was fine.

But the weird thing is, I meet customers everyday, some new, some returning. Weird isn’t it?

It is weird, at least I'm not the only one. 

I'll happily talk to ISO inspectors on factory visits, visiting tradesmen etc, people we meet on holiday, but can't pluck up the courage to say hello to people I've actually met.

I even saw you in the concourse towards the end of the season, debated saying hello then thought better of it, for no good reason!

4 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

It is weird, at least I'm not the only one. 

I'll happily talk to ISO inspectors on factory visits, visiting tradesmen etc, people we meet on holiday, but can't pluck up the courage to say hello to people I've actually met.

I even saw you in the concourse towards the end of the season, debated saying hello then thought better of it, for no good reason!

Well, you’re safe with me, I’ve forgotten what you look like as there was a few at them meet ups, but I recon I’d recognise you if you did slap me on the back and say “aye up youth”

now @sage is the opposite, he can talk to anyone. Probably got a better memory for faces too.  He even talks to @eddie?

37 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

Played golf quite a bit but never really enjoyed playing in weather like we have at the moment - much preferred cool, damp conditions.

I usually enjoy playing in the weather we have at the  moment. That's what is frustrating at the moment. It's very rare we get such weather for a prolonged period. 

2 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Well, you’re safe with me, I’ve forgotten what you look like as there was a few at them meet ups, but I recon I’d recognise you if you did slap me on the back and say “aye up youth”

now @sage is the opposite, he can talk to anyone. Probably got a better memory for faces too.  He even talks to @eddie?

I am a gobshite. Can't talk whilst swimming though.

3 minutes ago, Steve How Hard? said:

I usually enjoy playing in the weather we have at the  moment. That's what is frustrating at the moment. It's very rare we get such weather for a prolonged period. 

Don't bother with a practice swing unless it's a tricky lie, clear your mind of everything once you address the ball, and most importantly, breathe out before swinging to relax the muscles, and don't breathe in until you're holding the follow through.

And remember, if you're playing poorly, at least those trees are providing welcome shade.

4 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

Don't bother with a practice swing unless it's a tricky lie, clear your mind of everything once you address the ball, and most importantly, breathe out before swinging to relax the muscles, and don't breathe in until you're holding the follow through.

And remember, if you're playing poorly, at least those trees are providing welcome shade.

Cheers. That deserved a cheers and laugh emoji at the same time. The trouble is I've knocked nearly every tree down on my course with my wayward shots. 

4 hours ago, reveldevil said:

Social situations.

All of them, period.

Sounds like you're simply an introvert. Life and soul sometimes, inexplicably shy and withdrawn at other times, often happiest in your own company or with pets, doing what pleases you most. Not everyone can be massively gregarious all the time and close friends will doubtless understand your character traits and not take offence - bar that there's nothing to worry about save for folk telling you to cheer up and the like which really ought to be a hanging offence. 

Archived