Festy Ebosele

Animal is a Ram

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quick google search and..

http://www.the42.ie/john-bolger-interview-irish-football-schoolboy-coach-3908660-Mar2018/

Agreed to join us back in March, or before that (it isn't quite clear on the timelines)

“There were other clubs looking at him and he could’ve gone to a bigger one, but he just liked it at Derby. That’s a really important factor when young lads go away, it has to be the right fit for them.”

"Festy’s a player to watch,” Bolger says of the Ireland U16 international. “He’s the fastest player I’ve ever seen with a ball at his feet, and he can use both of them too — absolutely brilliant. He’s going to be some player if he continues the way he’s going."

3 minutes ago, Frankie Goes To Derby said:

Irish striker

nlofup.jpg

If he turns out well, he'll probably end up playing for Nigeria.

Well that's a rather cosmopolitan name. Welcome aboard Mr O'Ebosele.

Festy in the Collins dictionary - Dirty, malodorous, very bad. I suspect hope it's actually derived from the word festival.

Ebosele apparently means "the medicine works!"

We've never had much luck with Nigerians... the whole Yakubu saga, made worse by the fact he would have been a decent signing, and Blessing Kaku. Kaku was so bad I assumed he was one of Brown's 39 desperate loan signings, not Burley's. He actually played even less for Bolton than us.

1 hour ago, Rample said:

Well that's a rather cosmopolitan name. Welcome aboard Mr O'Ebosele.

Festy in the Collins dictionary - Dirty, malodorous, very bad. I suspect hope it's actually derived from the word festival.

Ebosele apparently means "the medicine works!"

We've never had much luck with Nigerians... the whole Yakubu saga, made worse by the fact he would have been a decent signing, and Blessing Kaku. Kaku was so bad I assumed he was one of Brown's 39 desperate loan signings, not Burley's. He actually played even less for Bolton than us.

Taribo saved us!

38 minutes ago, GrimsbyRam said:

Taribo saved us!

How did I forget him - he might have been 26 or 38 at the time but yes, he did almost single handedly save us, displaying an arrogance in defence not seen since Igor. Was a pleasure to watch him for a few months in a pretty dross season. 

1 hour ago, Rample said:

How did I forget him - he might have been 26 or 38 at the time but yes, he did almost single handedly save us, displaying an arrogance in defence not seen since Igor. Was a pleasure to watch him for a few months in a pretty dross season. 

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2010/feb/21/nigerian-football-age-old-problem

Interesting article on Nigerian footballers and their age.

Archived