England Rugby 2018

CWC1983

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, CWC1983 said:

Told you. ????

Cant wait to see Eddie Jones interview.

I must admit, Eddie Jones and Dylan Hartley were very gracious in defeat. Credit where credits due. 

Eddies press interviews in the run up to Paris might be a spikey though. 

On 2/25/2018 at 09:46, CWC1983 said:

I must admit, Eddie Jones and Dylan Hartley were very gracious in defeat. Credit where credits due. 

Eddies press interviews in the run up to Paris might be a spikey though. 

You know he will have been absolutely screwing in the dressing room. The English lads will be getting run ragged during training no doubt.

4 hours ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

You know he will have been absolutely screwing in the dressing room. The English lads will be getting run ragged during training no doubt.

I get the impression he might take a defeat like that to get his players focused for the future. 

He'd rather lose a game in this 6 nations than the next world cup. 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Angry Ram said:

What the hell am I watching here... 

Gone to bloody pot have England.

Looked better later on with quick short passes off the back of the ruck to the 10 channel and a dynamic pacy forward making yards. 

Then it stopped again. We look too ponderous. Props are slow,  the loose forwards too heavy and not quick enough to the breakdown. 

Basically we are poor atm and Ireland will fancy it next week.

1 hour ago, HantsRam said:

Looked better later on with quick short passes off the back of the ruck to the 10 channel and a dynamic pacy forward making yards. 

Then it stopped again. We look too ponderous. Props are slow,  the loose forwards too heavy and not quick enough to the breakdown. 

Basically we are poor atm and Ireland will fancy it next week.

Agreed but we will probably win next week.

Itoje has looked barely half the player of last season. 

Playing locks out of position as flankers has backfired.

If Dan Cole gets any slower he'll stop altogether. 

Our set piece seems to have collapsed. 

Our scrum half plays off the back of the ruck are desperately slow,  telegraphed and poorly executed in the main.

What upsets me most is that only 18 months ago we played scintillating stuff to win 3-0 in Australia. I know that the 6 nations is different but we seem to have gone backwards in so many areas. 

On 12/03/2018 at 21:28, HantsRam said:

Itoje has looked barely half the player of last season. 

Playing locks out of position as flankers has backfired.

If Dan Cole gets any slower he'll stop altogether. 

Our set piece seems to have collapsed. 

Our scrum half plays off the back of the ruck are desperately slow,  telegraphed and poorly executed in the main.

What upsets me most is that only 18 months ago we played scintillating stuff to win 3-0 in Australia. I know that the 6 nations is different but we seem to have gone backwards in so many areas. 

Nail head... 

17 hours ago, Angry Ram said:

Yep.   Fingers crossed 

Jeez. Hopeless,  hapless. Given that Jones' brief was to build for the world cup this is extremely worrying. 

We have an injury to the 1st choice scrum half and he brings back a 34 year old who's never really convinced?

One dimensional again and easily defended against. 

21-5 at half time and the ref looks against us as well.

45 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

Jeez. Hopeless,  hapless. Given that Jones' brief was to build for the world cup this is extremely worrying. 

We have an injury to the 1st choice scrum half and he brings back a 34 year old who's never really convinced?

One dimensional again and easily defended against. 

21-5 at half time and the ref looks against us as well.

No creativity at all. 10 plus phases of give it to the big lad.. Twice we mix it up and twice we score.

Congratulations to Ireland though, really professional job.

Archived