John McGinn - Joined Aston Villa

Cam the Ram

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Never seen him play. Only heard of him because Forest were interested when Warburton was in charge there, so I automatically said he was poo and bantered them by saying that they were only interested in Scotish players with the equivalent ability of English league 2 ?? 

Anyone know if he's actually any good? 

6 minutes ago, Scott129 said:

If we could sell Vydra and get Reid and this guy (as well as maybe 1 or 2 more mill in the bank) that would be a gamble worth taking, IMO.

I imagine it would be hard for him to turn down Celtic though, so unlikely.

If he wants to improve as a player and play at a much higher level he might.....

13 minutes ago, Kamikaze said:

Yeah very good player and would much rather have him for 3mil than Reid for 7!

Only worry is if Celtic sell Armstrong to Southampton McGinn would be their main target.

Doubt it's a case of Reid or McGinn though. Reid is now a striker and McGinn is a centre midfielder

Workhorse box to box midfielder but not much end product given where he was - 2 assists and 4 goals last season.

Sounds like he's always got a mistake in him - sloppy passer, lacks concentration. No pace.

Boyhood Celtic fan so assume he will go there, and I don't think we're really missing out at that price.

Can't imagine Anya and Martin giving us glowing reports at Scottish camps either.

4 minutes ago, Shuff264 said:

Champions League or Championship....

They might not even qualify. Play week in week out against teams like Leeds, Villa, Norwich, Sheffield Wednesday, Ipswich, Stoke, WBA in the fourth biggest league in Europe or against minnows like St Mirren, Hamilton, St Johnstone at non league grounds in front of a man and a dog?????

22 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

Can’t say I’ve ever heard of him

Me neither so can’t really comment good or bad.

i will let Frank make the decisions and hope they are the right ones. We do seem to be linked with lots of centre mids and young ones aswell. Sounds good to me!

I mentioned him in January to give the midfield some energy when we had the Ledley and Huddlestone plod and were getting overrun. 

He's definetly a championship player, got a good engine and a bit of dig. He does also possess a decent pass. 

He plays deeper than Bryson. 

His Grandfather was a Celtic director years ago and his family are Celtic men. 

Im not convinced Celtic are interested in him, they are looking at players to get them into the Champs league groups, he's not at that level yet. As I said, he is at a championship level. 

Archived