Sign in to follow this  
Cam the Ram

John McGinn - Joined Aston Villa

9 hours ago, CWC1983 said:

Not good enough for Celtic, but ok for Derby. 

8 hours ago, richinspain said:

I think that most would agree that the Scottish Prem is 80% League 1 level, but a few teams, and certainly Celtic are one of them, are bottom English Prem level. Celtic although unable to get into the knockout stages of the Champions League have had some very good results in their group games over recent years. Results that I'm sure Derby wouldn't be able to replicate. If he's good enough for Celtic he's good enough for Derby.

Bottom 6 are closer to League 2 level, I have researched the SPL in depth. The surprise was that in terms of revenue, stadia and general resources it was much worse than what I thought.....

McGinn’s coming home despite last minute interest from Lampard

CELTIC will this week sign John McGinn as Stuart Armstrong heads out of the door to join Southampton. The interest in the Hibs player from Derby County’s new manager Frank Lampard will only speed up the move by Brendan Rodgers but it is going to take a dramatic turn of events now to frustrate the Celtic boss who will be looking to add McGinn to his pre-season trip to Austria as the squad gets ready for the Champions League qualifiers.

https://thecelticstar.com/mcginns-coming-home-despite-last-minute-interest-lampard-not-gerrard/

Edited by David
Removed full story, please see forum guidelines.

5 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

That’s that one done then, you can’t blame him going to Celtic when he’s from Glasgow tbf

Depends whether he wants to play competitive football or in a league with one adult team and a load of kids' teams.

Russell was a die hard Celtic fan and they wanted him but he ended up joining us so wouldn't rule us out just yet.

Lampard's influence can't be ruled out, how many young centre mid's would love to be managed and coached by someone with Lampard's pedigree, I would think that would be a big pull in convincing players to join.

5 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Russell was a die hard Celtic fan and they wanted him but he ended up joining us so wouldn't rule us out just yet.

Lampard's influence can't be ruled out, how many young centre mid's would love to be managed and coached by someone with Lampard's pedigree, I would think that would be a big pull in convincing players to join.

Russell knew he'd be sitting on the bench at Celtic though didn't he

1 hour ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I think everyone and his dog knows this will end up a lost cause so hopefully we have moved to plan B already.

I'm just happy we are looking for central midfielders