John McGinn - Joined Aston Villa

Cam the Ram

3 hours ago, Le God said:

It's the same everywhere, everyone likes an exotic name even though we've probably had more huddies than successes. 

I'm not so sure about the last paragraph. Think we would rather keep him for the year than accept the pish offer from them. Fortunately McGinn's a good guy who hasn't tried to force the move. Don't know if this happens in England but when celtic or sevco want a player they make ludicrously low offers which then unsettles the player then the daily record or the sun come out with an article titled "[name] in plea to be saved from hibs hell" or something like that and then inevitably we end up losing a player for a cut price. Fortunately the current board don't get bullied anymore and we're standing firm with our valuation. 

Im reading Hayes on loan and Allan on a free + £2m. 

Lennon might bite at that one. 

I know all about the media up North, I had to suffer the Derek Mciness saga  last season and go back to the Eion Jess one from 1990.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, CWC1983 said:

Im reading Hayes on loan and Allan on a free + £2m. 

Lennon might bite at that one. 

I know all about the media up North, I had to suffer the Derek Mciness saga  last season and go back to the Eion Jess one from 1990.

I'm not fussed about Hayes to be honest but Allan is the big one. For some reason he's just a perfect fit for hibs but doesn't seem to do much anywhere else he goes. I can see celtic being difficult to deal with if we don't sell them mcginn. 

It's completely mental like. I remember Kevin thomsons "I'd crawl along the m8 on broken glass to play for rangers". I still refuse to even click one of their links after the bellow head line. Not even an apology when it was proven to be absolute nonsense and they continued to spread the myth. 

Dc5dMGFXUAAleDS.jpg

13 minutes ago, gccrowdpleaser said:

Played, and scored for Hibs in Europe League Qualifying tonight. Does that mean if he went to Celtic he couldn't play in the CL? 

Aubameyang couldn't play for Arsenal in the Europa League because he played in CL for Dortmund the same season (I think)

5 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

So Steve Bruce again is looking on this forum to see who we are linked with and is signing the players we are said to be after.

You'd think he'd have learned his lesson by now!

Ah duck off villa. Spent bucket loads since relegation, threatened with embargo’s and what not, managed to turn down 20 plus million bids for Grealish and now happily back in the hunt for the likes of 6m rated Bryan, Nmecha and this lad from Hibs

The big clubs never get into poo, probably helps having a royal fan too. 

Archived