Sign in to follow this  
Cam the Ram

John McGinn - Joined Aston Villa

4 minutes ago, Shuff264 said:

Champions League or Championship....

They might not even qualify. Play week in week out against teams like Leeds, Villa, Norwich, Sheffield Wednesday, Ipswich, Stoke, WBA in the fourth biggest league in Europe or against minnows like St Mirren, Hamilton, St Johnstone at non league grounds in front of a man and a dog?????

22 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

Can’t say I’ve ever heard of him

Me neither so can’t really comment good or bad.

i will let Frank make the decisions and hope they are the right ones. We do seem to be linked with lots of centre mids and young ones aswell. Sounds good to me!

I mentioned him in January to give the midfield some energy when we had the Ledley and Huddlestone plod and were getting overrun. 

He's definetly a championship player, got a good engine and a bit of dig. He does also possess a decent pass. 

He plays deeper than Bryson. 

His Grandfather was a Celtic director years ago and his family are Celtic men. 

Im not convinced Celtic are interested in him, they are looking at players to get them into the Champs league groups, he's not at that level yet. As I said, he is at a championship level. 

7 minutes ago, CWC1983 said:

I mentioned him in January to give the midfield some energy when we had the Ledley and Huddlestone plod and were getting overrun. 

He's definetly a championship player, got a good engine and a bit of dig. He does also possess a decent pass. 

Im not convinced Celtic are interested in him, they are looking at players to get them into the Champs league groups, he's not at that level yet. As I said, he is at a championship level. 

7 minutes ago, CWC1983 said:

Too good for the SPL then.........

5 minutes ago, Rab a dab doo said:

What does that say about us and where were trying to get to 

Many would take bryson back for a promotion push and he cost 500k from kilmarnock. This says we're looking for quality players in a cheaper market to maintain a promotion push, and if Frank thinks this guy is quality, and 3m seems a good deal, why not go for him.

30 minutes ago, Rab a dab doo said:

I think that most would agree that the Scottish Prem is 80% League 1 level, but a few teams, and certainly Celtic are one of them, are bottom English Prem level. Celtic although unable to get into the knockout stages of the Champions League have had some very good results in their group games over recent years. Results that I'm sure Derby wouldn't be able to replicate. If he's good enough for Celtic he's good enough for Derby.

38 minutes ago, Rab a dab doo said:

It would say a lot of things. Most notably among them would be “Wow, we’ve pipped Champions League side Celtic to a signing”

I know it’s a surprise to here, but there are actually some pretty decent players in the SPL - and McGinn is right up there with the best. He’ll play Premier League football eventually. Let’s hope it’s with us!

49 minutes ago, Rab a dab doo said:

Well given that he’s not the only player we’re looking at I think it says we’re looking at more of a range of players 

Regardless of whether we get these pair we’ve been linked with today (and based on the links being true, Nixon has a decent track record with Derby), I’m happy at the calibre/types of players we’re being linked with.

Sensible age, sell on potential, reasonable wages, certainly not past their best. 

Honestly, I was fearing us going after mainly League 1 and 2 players after Lampard was appointed, but alongside DaSilva, I think we’re being linked with some (on paper) decent players. Let’s hope we get some of them