Sign in to follow this  
Cam the Ram

John McGinn - Joined Aston Villa

Never seen him play. Only heard of him because Forest were interested when Warburton was in charge there, so I automatically said he was poo and bantered them by saying that they were only interested in Scotish players with the equivalent ability of English league 2 😂😂 

Anyone know if he's actually any good? 

Yeah very good player and would much rather have him for 3mil than Reid for 7!

Only worry is if Celtic sell Armstrong to Southampton McGinn would be their main target.

If we could sell Vydra and get Reid and this guy (as well as maybe 1 or 2 more mill in the bank) that would be a gamble worth taking, IMO.

I imagine it would be hard for him to turn down Celtic though, so unlikely.

6 minutes ago, Scott129 said:

If we could sell Vydra and get Reid and this guy (as well as maybe 1 or 2 more mill in the bank) that would be a gamble worth taking, IMO.

I imagine it would be hard for him to turn down Celtic though, so unlikely.

If he wants to improve as a player and play at a much higher level he might.....

13 minutes ago, Kamikaze said:

Yeah very good player and would much rather have him for 3mil than Reid for 7!

Only worry is if Celtic sell Armstrong to Southampton McGinn would be their main target.

Doubt it's a case of Reid or McGinn though. Reid is now a striker and McGinn is a centre midfielder

Workhorse box to box midfielder but not much end product given where he was - 2 assists and 4 goals last season.

Sounds like he's always got a mistake in him - sloppy passer, lacks concentration. No pace.

Boyhood Celtic fan so assume he will go there, and I don't think we're really missing out at that price.

Can't imagine Anya and Martin giving us glowing reports at Scottish camps either.

Edited by Rample