Bobby Reid - Signed for Cardiff City

DcFc Dyycheee

2 minutes ago, Oldben said:

whoscored havent listed shooting as a strengh, although 19 goals last season is a good indicator he has strength in that area,

I note that his best position seemed to be attacking midfielder.

"Shooting" is different to "finishing" in the context of these statistics. They will probably update his finishing to 'strong' if he has another good season, but 1 goal from outside of the box from 21 shots suggests he's not a particularly strong 'shooter' of the ball, as it were.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

"Shooting" is different to "finishing" in the context of these statistics. They will probably update his finishing to 'strong' if he has another good season, but 1 goal from outside of the box from 21 shots suggests he's not a particularly strong 'shooter' of the ball, as it were.

He is a 'right place, right time' type of striker who scored lots of tap-ins and rebounds.

He is busy and quite pacy and, of course, another team's POTY which means we are bound to buy him.

34 minutes ago, Woodley Ram said:

is West Brom going to be the new Villa....buy everyone 

It's going to be the same every single season, one of the relegated clubs (or 2 in Stoke and West Brom), are going to spend big.

Every season we find ourselves linked with a player from our division, Lansbury/Hourihanne/Kodjia/Jota and we cannot compete financially.

Until we as a club start thinking outside the box with transfers and start scouting more abroad or further afield and start signing players before they arrive at Bristol City and Brentford we will find ourselves in the same situation each year.

We are linked with McGinn and Reid and you already know we won't sign one of them.

1 hour ago, Woodley Ram said:

is West Brom going to be the new Villa....buy everyone 

To be honest, if I knew what was going to happen to Villa I'd have been cheering on their spending spree personally.

I hope at least one relegated team emulates them every season.

On 24/06/2018 at 11:01, Nuwtfly said:

Reid would not only replace Vydra, but also Bryson. He can play as the runner from deep if we play 4-3-3, as well as in the No.10 role in a 4-2-3-1.

That's a big ask of him. He wasn't a guaranteed starter for Bristol in his midfield role and only shone when he was tried up front as an alternative to spending millions replacing Tammy. (I've been googling during my morning poo). If he signs for us it'll be based on his single season as a striker not on his midfield capabilities.

I'm not suprised Bristol 'won't stand in his way if the offer is right for the club.

Big gamble Frankie!

2 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

It's going to be the same every single season, one of the relegated clubs (or 2 in Stoke and West Brom), are going to spend big.

Every season we find ourselves linked with a player from our division, Lansbury/Hourihanne/Kodjia/Jota and we cannot compete financially.

Until we as a club start thinking outside the box with transfers and start scouting more abroad or further afield and start signing players before they arrive at Bristol City and Brentford we will find ourselves in the same situation each year.

We are linked with McGinn and Reid and you already know we won't sign one of them.

And every year at least one of the 2 doesn’t go up and finds themselves in financial trouble.

we, however, are close to the limit of our FFP so we can’t spend too much, but we aren’t exactly in danger of not being able to pay our bills or administration or HMRC winding up petition or anything 

This is the dilemma we are going to face with everybody knowing we can not buy anyone till we sold. But I am sure I heard our 3 years ffp is up this year at end June so wonder if after the 1st we will buy players and then recoup the money in sales

2 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Christ that is a huge fee for a man with one year left on his deal, we can’t compete with that. Big risk on Cardiff’s behalf.

You'd have never have thought that we were supposedly willing to sell Vydra for a similar fee when he has a few years on his deal.

Strange times.

Just now, Sparkle said:

If this turns out to be true then Bristol city have been very lucky and we should definitely be sticking out for £15 -£16 million 

Difference is that Cardiff are a Prem team, all the reported interest in Vydra is from other Championship teams.

17 minutes ago, Parsnip said:

Glad about the Cardiff link. £10m would've been a reckless gamble. Hopefully Derby are wiser than that these days.

I would imagine we were never interested at all... 

Lampard hasn't even seen the players properly so not sure why he'd be making signings - This sounds like classic agent-news - Obviously they were negotiating a deal with Cardiff for wages and so the agent lets slip to the media "oh, Derby are interested and you KNOW how much they spend on wages" - Then they can get a better deal at Cardiff

I think most of the rumours we're involved with are agent generated to get more money on the transfer or wages and boost their commission 

Archived