Bobby Reid - Signed for Cardiff City

DcFc Dyycheee

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, EnigmaRam said:

Not sure they’d accept £3 mil after turning down £7 mil from WBA!! ?

I agree but that’s the value I put on him for us, I think we can do better with £7 million to spend if we have that 

3 hours ago, JJH said:

I think he'd start for most lower half PL sides mate. He scored 5 in 15 starts at Swansea but Carvalhal came in he got injured then spent £20m on Ayew and he never got a look in.

If Tammy did come back to this division, without sounding biased, I think it'd be here. His missus has stayed living in Bristol, he's absolutely adored by the fans and he's good mates with a lot of our squad and they've been on holiday together recently.

I think the Tammy link to you is lazy journalism personally. If you sign Reid from us for the reported 7 figures I won't moan, you'll have yourself a good player and we'll up our bid for Marriott who we're massively interested in like yourselves.

Will be an interesting next month or so.

No argument from me

4 hours ago, JJH said:

No, Tammy and Reid never once played together up front. Reid wasn't even making our 18 most weeks, when he did he'd play centre mid.

I'd be amazed if Tammy came back to this level, he's far too good - and we've just turned down 7.5m for Reid from WBA so if you fancy paying more on someone's who's had 1 good season with 12 months left on his deal then be our guest, Nick Blackman springs to mind.

Ok cheers......

3 hours ago, RamNut said:

Transfer fees are still crackers.

e.g. £10m bid for targett - a very very ordinary full back.

He was decent for Fuham, and being so young he has potentially 8+ years as a regular fullback in the PL. I understand large fees when buying younger players, it's splashing 40m! (Sigurdsson) on a 28-year-old which is frankly stupid.

14 minutes ago, RamNut said:

I thought he was easily their worst player.

Interesting opinion. I reckon he's been one of Fulham's better players and a key reason why they went on their unbeaten run. After just checking, only two other fullbacks created more chances in the Championship since he joined Fulham on loan.

Thought it was no coincidence that since he joined at LB and Sessegnon moved infront of him, Fulham then had one of the most dangerous attacking combos in the league.

Either way, it might take more than 10m to sign him. Seems Southampton rate him highly too.

2 minutes ago, deanoakaram4life said:

Can't see us splashing 8 million when we have to cut the wage bill. Mel's already said there won't be any significant spending this window, I think 8 million is pretty significant. 

He said we dont have any significant money to spend......when/if we sell Vydra we will have it to spend.

We cut the wage bill by getting rid of high earners like Bent, Shackell & reportedly Vydra. As long as outgoing wages is bigger than the incoming wages that will cut the wage bill

15 hours ago, Sparkle said:

I agree but that’s the value I put on him for us, I think we can do better with £7 million to spend if we have that 

what like another tom lawrence you mean? be better putting a 7m bid for gayle i know newcastle have said he can go for 10 but even if you said 7m+ 3m if we get promotion? or even just sign the 2 Peterborough lads 

22 minutes ago, Derbylad92 said:

what like another tom lawrence you mean? be better putting a 7m bid for gayle i know newcastle have said he can go for 10 but even if you said 7m+ 3m if we get promotion? or even just sign the 2 Peterborough lads 

I wasn’t suggesting we lump £7 million on one player if we have that much to spend 

8 hours ago, Derbylad92 said:

Newcastle has said this?! If we sell Vydra for £11+m this would also be a great purchase! Kills it in this division 

https://www.whoscored.com/Players/134332/Show/Bobby-Reid

5ft 5ins, best position is as an attacking midfielder.

Strengths

Defensive contribution

Very Strong

Dribbling

Strong ...

Through balls

Key passes

Holding on to the ball

Passing

Tackling

Blocking the ball

Weakness - aerial threat

Bobby Reid's Style of Play ...

Likes to play long balls

Plays the ball off the ground often

Counter attack threat

Likes to tackle

2 hours ago, Oldben said:

https://www.whoscored.com/Players/134332/Show/Bobby-Reid

5ft 5ins, best position is as an attacking midfielder.

Strengths

Defensive contribution

Very Strong

Dribbling

Strong ...

Through balls

Key passes

Holding on to the ball

Passing

Tackling

Blocking the ball

Weakness - aerial threat

Bobby Reid's Style of Play ...

Likes to play long balls

Plays the ball off the ground often

Counter attack threat

Likes to tackle

I'd quite like to see shooting as a strength in a forward!

Archived