Bobby Reid - Signed for Cardiff City

DcFc Dyycheee

In fairness his success last season was partly due to change of position.  After a couple of years playing deep he was pushed further up front.  Although, hard to ignore the previous season he wasn't even making the bench for a large part of the season.

Remember reading Bristol were looking at Vydra as a replacement for Reid, but I can't see them giving us Reid plus £3m.  I think it was more on the grounds they wanted £15m and thought they could get Vydra and put some in the bank for that.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

Have to say that’s oretty uninspiring. He said there was 2 players linked with Derby in the paper and I actually got a bit excited. He had a decent season last year but It’s probably a flash in the pan.

Have we had a second one?

Surprising suggestion this one for me and would depend heavily on price, if we could get him for around £3 million ( in last year of his contract) then it’s worth the gamble but much more than that I am not so sure but Bristol city have been getting top prices for thier players in recent years where as I can’t say the same for us

Reid would not only replace Vydra, but also Bryson. He can play as the runner from deep if we play 4-3-3, as well as in the No.10 role in a 4-2-3-1.

Biggest issue with this one will be West Brom. Report came out this morning that they are ramping up their interest in him, and I suspect they’ll be able to offer him more money. 

2 hours ago, Fraser_23 said:

Yes

No, Tammy and Reid never once played together up front. Reid wasn't even making our 18 most weeks, when he did he'd play centre mid.

I'd be amazed if Tammy came back to this level, he's far too good - and we've just turned down 7.5m for Reid from WBA so if you fancy paying more on someone's who's had 1 good season with 12 months left on his deal then be our guest, Nick Blackman springs to mind.

18 minutes ago, JJH said:

No, Tammy and Reid never once played together up front. Reid wasn't even making our 18 most weeks, when he did he'd play centre mid.

I'd be amazed if Tammy came back to this level, he's far too good - and we've just turned down 7.5m for Reid from WBA so if you fancy paying more on someone's who's had 1 good season with 12 months left on his deal then be our guest, Nick Blackman springs to mind.

All true, we have folk who tend to get over excited 

the Tammy one is interesting though as currently he may be wondering at what club he could get a game?

People saying they'd rather have Vydra is a bit odd to me if im honest. 

Yes Reid's not had many good seasons like last season, but neither has Vydra - and Reid has a lot more to his game if he's not scoring. Plus Reid was only, what, 2 goals behind Vydra with more assists?

Sure a straight swap would be questionable but we're making good money from it.

Just now, Sparkle said:

All true, we have folk who tend to get over excited 

the Tammy one is interesting though as currently he may be wondering at what club he could get a game?

I think he'd start for most lower half PL sides mate. He scored 5 in 15 starts at Swansea but Carvalhal came in he got injured then spent £20m on Ayew and he never got a look in.

If Tammy did come back to this division, without sounding biased, I think it'd be here. His missus has stayed living in Bristol, he's absolutely adored by the fans and he's good mates with a lot of our squad and they've been on holiday together recently.

I think the Tammy link to you is lazy journalism personally. If you sign Reid from us for the reported 7 figures I won't moan, you'll have yourself a good player and we'll up our bid for Marriott who we're massively interested in like yourselves.

Will be an interesting next month or so.

53 minutes ago, JJH said:

I think he'd start for most lower half PL sides mate. He scored 5 in 15 starts at Swansea but Carvalhal came in he got injured then spent £20m on Ayew and he never got a look in.

If Tammy did come back to this division, without sounding biased, I think it'd be here. His missus has stayed living in Bristol, he's absolutely adored by the fans and he's good mates with a lot of our squad and they've been on holiday together recently.

I think the Tammy link to you is lazy journalism personally. If you sign Reid from us for the reported 7 figures I won't moan, you'll have yourself a good player and we'll up our bid for Marriott who we're massively interested in like yourselves.

Will be an interesting next month or so.

He made 39 appearances for Swansea......

3 hours ago, Sparkle said:

Surprising suggestion this one for me and would depend heavily on price, if we could get him for around £3 million ( in last year of his contract) then it’s worth the gamble but much more than that I am not so sure but Bristol city have been getting top prices for thier players in recent years where as I can’t say the same for us

Not sure they’d accept £3 mil after turning down £7 mil from WBA!! ?

PistoldPete2
5 hours ago, DcFc Dyycheee said:

DgaqKmdWkAIscwB.jpg:large

Good player but is he really worth £8 million? And would we really spend that money on one Player even if we get bucketfuls for vydra. 

Archived