Bobby Reid - Signed for Cardiff City

DcFc Dyycheee

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, sage said:

He only has 1 year left on his contract so they will never get 8m

Apparently they already turned down a bid of 7m from West Brom last week. He has only had 1 good season id be disappointed if we paid any more than 7m for him tbh.

Not sure on the price but had a similar season to Vydra but from what I have seen he has a much better work ethic which is maybe what Lampard & Morris want.

Cant see it being 8m with 1 year left, if we got over 12m for Vydra and used the money on Reid & Marriott I think I would be happy with that.

Lampard back from World Cup duties tomorrow so we can expect some transfer movement at last.I can’t be the only one who’s had enough of the silly links to certain players and also the sillier arguments over hypothetical signings or transfer fees.Come on Frank ,it’s time for action!

Bizzare one this, but I think it could be a positive. We’ll be losing a lot of goals in vydra, and this lad can certainly put in a few. Used to be a midfielder as well so I wonder if he could be played in the old Bryson role? Goal scoring midfielders are certainly something we lack. If we are able to spend 8 million of the incoming Vydra money as well, hopefully that means we’re getting far more than that for him.

Only real question here is the price, at 1 year left 8 mil is a lot, but they might get it if there’s that much competition. Woild prove a risk.

10 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Not sure on the price but had a similar season to Vydra but from what I have seen he has a much better work ethic which is maybe what Lampard & Morris want.

This makes sense.

Pair him with Tammy Abraham and we'd have a pacy and very dangerous front 2.

If we were going 433 this would make sense. Better overall work rate. Has played in midfield but moved further forward last season proving he can score goals.

its a better fit for that formation than Vydra is. Like someone said the new Bryson role.

if you could pocket £4+ mil on top it t might be good business. Or it could be a disastrous flop. Who knows

11 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Not if we bank 4m+ and likely to be saving on wages too.

Payment due dates, end of life residual life sales, etc never as straightforward.

Getting 10-12m for Vyds won't actually mean we have 10-12m to spend if FFP is a serious threat. I'm not convinced it is though.

Archived