What happens if Frank doesn’t play Chris Martin

Curtains

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply
39 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

Beware of Greeks bearing gifts.

It'll be turkey bacon, without bread after a mysterious fire at the local bakery.

Just before I signed the deal, Wolves came in and offered me the finest Portugese Caldo Verde.

Announcement expected soon.

2 hours ago, curtains said:

You can’t afford high earners not playing at DCFC 

Of course you can. You pick the best team not the most expensive one

He'll be sold if he's just a drain on resources.

Who ever picked a team by wage budget?

2 hours ago, curtains said:

Which high earners are not going to play next season then now we have lost Bent and Baird and Shackell and sold Hughes and Ince. 

Most of the high earners left will play as should Martin unless we sell or loan him out assuming Vydra is sold. 

List of squad players I don't consider to be on high Wages: Bennett, Hanson, Mitchell and Thomas. End of list.

Players won't play just because they have high wages - we must have had one of the most expensive benches in the league last season if you just take wages into account.

I know it's outrageous but I suspect that lampard will play the players that suit his style of play and prove to be effective within that system....he will possibly look to observe his players in training and videos of them in action prior to picking the team.

This will no doubt include every player in the squad,including Chris martin.

Clean slate for everyone in other words.

As it should be.

1 hour ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

I know it's outrageous but I suspect that lampard will play the players that suit his style of play and prove to be effective within that system....he will possibly look to observe his players in training and videos of them in action prior to picking the team.

This will no doubt include every player in the squad,including Chris martin.

Clean slate for everyone in other words.

As it should be.

Until he doesn’t pick Martin...... ??

22 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

To be fair, I think Frank will struggle to play Martin when he's got Tammy Abraham up top ?

If he Frank brings in Abraham he’s got to be first choice if he’s fit and firing but we’re going to need 3 strikers and we don’t know how we’re going to shape up formation wise.

As kash says above,everyone has to have a clean slate and get a fair crack at it.

I remember us struggling 3? years  ago when we lost Wardrobe and Benty and we were in the poo.

If Frank comes in and decides there’s no place for Martin then I’m not qualified to argue with him and if he comes in and gets Martin firing in a set up that suits his style and the teams then it can only be a good thing,

27 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

Another thread full of 'I want to have Chris Martin's babies'.

Surprisingly not if you read it. I would think most recognise that Martin can be a good player at this level but ultimately it'll come down to how Frank wants us to play and who impresses. 

My view is that Martin could still lead our attack and succeed. Form is temporary etc. However, if we can play attractive and successful football without Martin then so be it. I'd still keep him around as he offers an option we sorely missed in the run in last year. 

1 hour ago, Mafiabob said:

Until he doesn’t pick Martin...... ??

Be great if Frank can integrate and get the best out out him and as long as he doesn't set the team up like those tactically inept, anti football, dimwit duo, Pearson and rowett,it shouldn't be too difficult to achieve.

However,if Frank doesn't like him and goes for other strikers instead then so be it...for me the main objective for frank is to get us playing good,attractive football again,with or without the old guard.

Be nice to see Bryson and Martin working well with players like  lawrence tho,in fact it would be fantastic, but let's just see how the boss wants to go with the squad.

On 23/06/2018 at 17:50, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Be great if Frank can integrate and get the best out out him and as long as he doesn't set the team up like those tactically inept, anti football, dimwit duo, Pearson and rowett,it shouldn't be too difficult to achieve.

However,if Frank doesn't like him and goes for other strikers instead then so be it...for me the main objective for frank is to get us playing good,attractive football again,with or without the old guard.

Be nice to see Bryson and Martin working well with players like  lawrence tho,in fact it would be fantastic, but let's just see how the boss wants to go with the squad.

Do you still expect this then. 

19 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

I don't think my quote expected anything..it laid out some options that were possible.

As I said,it would be great if lampard did use him but he may well go out to qpr.

What will be,will be.

Ok some fans will be unhappy that’s all. 

1 minute ago, curtains said:

Ok some fans will be unhappy that’s all. 

Some will be unhappy,including me and some the opposite.

To be honest,we have seen so little of him in the past two seasons when he's basically been on loan,it's a bit like he's already gone...

Would have been nice to have had a chance to shine in a lampards team tho as I'm sure it will be the polar opposite to rowetts set up and I'm sure he would have been good for derby once again.

56 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Some will be unhappy,including me and some the opposite.

To be honest,we have seen so little of him in the past two seasons when he's basically been on loan,it's a bit like he's already gone...

Would have been nice to have had a chance to shine in a lampards team tho as I'm sure it will be the polar opposite to rowetts set up and I'm sure he would have been good for derby once again.

Hope it’s not polar opposite league positions though. 

Archived