Bands you liked then hated or hated and then liked

Bob The Badger

Loved anything “metal” AC/DC, Whitesnake, Priest, Saxon, Motörhead etc as a kid, got bored of rather than hated it. Did rediscover a bit of love for Metal at Def Leppard few years ago.

Hated Ska music, it was the rockers v Mods thing at school. Quite like some of it now; particularly Madness.

Loved Madonna till saw Blonde Ambition tour, thought she was just a crude tart. Thought Kylie was plastic, then saw her at Brum few years back and realised she was talented and classy imo.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Zag zig said:

Loved Madonna till saw Blonde Ambition tour, thought she was just a crude tart. Thought Kylie was plastic, then saw her at Brum few years back and realised she was talented and classy imo.

One man's 'classy and talented' is another man's 'hardfaced, attention-seeking, stealing a living, talentless, waste of air'.

There has been a general reassessment of Kylie that I can't fathom. Own family members spent a packet to see her in concert. Rubbish songs, zero personality, bang average looks. To misquote 'if she was playing a concert in my garden I would close the curtains'.

Its gone full circle so its 'mean' to criticise her...but she's been hanging around like a bad smell really not reinventing herself...for 30years.

Madonna is cruder..but on another planet in every other regard and I cant say I'm even that big a fan of her.

29 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

One man's 'classy and talented' is another man's 'hardfaced, attention-seeking, stealing a living, talentless, waste of air'.

There has been a general reassessment of Kylie that I can't fathom. Own family members spent a packet to see her in concert. Rubbish songs, zero personality, bang average looks. To misquote 'if she was playing a concert in my garden I would close the curtains'.

Its gone full circle so its 'mean' to criticise her...but she's been hanging around like a bad smell really not reinventing herself...for 30years.

Madonna is cruder..but on another planet in every other regard and I cant say I'm even that big a fan of her.

Fair play. Did say imo.

As for female singers talented and classy live, always liked and nobody will ever beat Tina Turner for me. Saw her Sheffield Athletics track live with Lionel Ritchie as back up. She was just great in a several generations view.

4 hours ago, Chester40 said:

Not a Maddona fan mate?

5 hours ago, Zag zig said:

Loved anything “metal” AC/DC, Whitesnake, Priest, Saxon, Motörhead etc as a kid, got bored of rather than hated it. Did rediscover a bit of love for Metal at Def Leppard few years ago.

Hated Ska music, it was the rockers v Mods thing at school. Quite like some of it now; particularly Madness.

I’ve always been a big metal fan starting with NWOBHM.

Now I listen to all sorts.

Really into Paul Carrack,I would never have entertained that when I was younger.

I even got into some of the Bring Me The Horizon stuff,but that was because I was at the gym with a couple of them every morning and I felt bad I’d not heard of them.

22 hours ago, Mr Giggles said:

Coldplay, oh wait no they're still terrible. 

Loved Kings of Leons first album...cant stand them since

Sorry i cant come into work today, my sex is on fire.....piss off

Edit...Not sure why i quoted @Mr Giggles think i started writing about coldplay then got angry about kings of Leon

Just now, leamram said:

Very much agreed. 

Metallica - Went down the tubes and then came good with the last 2 albums.

• 2 months later...
On 02/08/2018 at 07:46, Chester40 said:

Kylie has a nice arse

Oasis.

I thought Live Forever and the early hype was all greatly over rated. Then listened to 'What's The Story.'...and couldn't ignore the quality of the tracks.

Gradually got bored of the diminishing returns and aside from the odd blip thought they were stealing a living and especially hated the mainstream Knebworth 'sell-out cash-in', and were well overdue retiring.

Recently found myself against my will at a Noel gig...only then realised how awesome their own tracks sound live....and wished they would reform.   

On ‎02‎/‎08‎/‎2018 at 07:36, Zag zig said:

I hate Madness. Worst band ever . Noooooo

On ‎03‎/‎08‎/‎2018 at 12:45, leamram said:

Edit...Not sure why i quoted @Mr Giggles think i started writing about coldplay then got angry about kings of Leon

Liked the first three albums - not the very commercial 4th - 5th was ok

Archived