Salomon Kalou

Topram

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hertha manager Preetz said to the Kicker Sportmagazine he won't leave. And well he said something like "and for sure not to Derby playing in 2nd English league". Hertha fans talking about the how much better the living quality is in Berlin than in the English countryside.. Berlins a shithole not more. Whatever. I'm glad he won't join.

10 hours ago, GermanRam said:

Hertha manager Preetz said to the Kicker Sportmagazine he won't leave. And well he said something like "and for sure not to Derby playing in 2nd English league". Hertha fans talking about the how much better the living quality is in Berlin than in the English countryside.. Berlins a shithole not more. Whatever. I'm glad he won't join.

Berlin is one of the best cities in the world - in truth, it probably is a slightly more attractive place for a very wealthy 32 year old man to live than Derby!

13 minutes ago, EulogyForEvolution said:

Berlin is one of the best cities in the world - in truth, it probably is a slightly more attractive place for a very wealthy 32 year old man to live than Derby!

Probably - still, when was the last time you've been to Berlin? It's annoying. Seriously. Munich, Hamburg, Stuttgart, Dresden, Leipzig - yes.

But not Berlin. Well whatever. Everybody has his own idea about cities, places etc.

And yes - probably 'wealthy' is the decisive word in your post. Otherwise you don't want to live in Berlin ?

Ah and yeah: I've often been to Berlin, but it doesn't even make the list of the best cities I've been to - Vienna, Budapest, Amsterdam, London, San Diego - they are waaay above Berlin. But whatever.

56 minutes ago, GermanRam said:

Probably - still, when was the last time you've been to Berlin? It's annoying. Seriously. Munich, Hamburg, Stuttgart, Dresden, Leipzig - yes.

But not Berlin. Well whatever. Everybody has his own idea about cities, places etc.

And yes - probably 'wealthy' is the decisive word in your post. Otherwise you don't want to live in Berlin ?

Ah and yeah: I've often been to Berlin, but it doesn't even make the list of the best cities I've been to - Vienna, Budapest, Amsterdam, London, San Diego - they are waaay above Berlin. But whatever.

Right... but where does Derby rank in that list? Surely Amsterdam and San Diego are largely irrelevant when discussing where's a better place to live our of Derby and Berlin? 

59 minutes ago, GermanRam said:

I'm sure you're one of them who prefers west side of this marvelous city!

Friedrichshain, the place to be.

1 minute ago, GadFly said:

Right... but where does Derby rank in that list? Surely Amsterdam and San Diego are largely irrelevant when discussing where's a better place to live our of Derby and Berlin? 

You are right. This is what I wanted to say. You can't compare Derby and Berlin. But to argue for Berlin through saying "who wants to live in the English boondocks" is not the right way to argue is it... That's what I wanted to say with my exaggeration. Didn't want to start a discussion where it's better to live, because, obviously, it's up to one's own.

The Berliners sometimes just need to come back down to earth. ?

5 minutes ago, Dimmu said:

I'm sure you're one of them who prefers west side of this marvelous city!

Friedrichshain, the place to be. 

Well it's not about east or west side. Wouldn't have mentioned Budapest then which is that eastern that every part of east Berlin is western again. Not geographically meant, obviously.

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/hertha-berlin/story/3537125/salmon-kalou-wont-join-frank-lampard-at-derby-county

Hertha Berlin general manager Michael Preetz: "Salomon was our top scorer last season. He is staying here -- we are planning with him. With all due respect to Derby County, while it is realistic Salomon will be keen on a new challenge at some stage, it's hardly going to be the English second division, even if Lampard and "Sala" respect each other from Chelsea."

---

OI FRITZ! COME AND SAY THAT TO OUR FACES!

31 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Or German.

Mate, Berliners anything but dull, trust me! If you've never been it's a fab city for a full-on weekend. Crazy clubs, some fab bars and you can eat really well for way less than other supposedly more epicurean European cities. You certainly don't need to be 'wealthy' either ?

7 hours ago, GermanRam said:

Ah and yeah: I've often been to Berlin, but it doesn't even make the list of the best cities I've been to.

It ain’t for you then, obviously. But don’t call the place a shithole. You’re clearly missing the whole point. I moved over here 3 years ago and honestly, l doubt I’ll ever live in England again. Best city in the world (for now).

10 minutes ago, cosmic said:

It ain’t for you then, obviously. But don’t call the place a shithole. You’re clearly missing the whole point. I moved over here 3 years ago and honestly, l doubt I’ll ever live in England again. Best city in the world (for now).

I'd need to change the number of years otherwise I agree!

46 minutes ago, cosmic said:

I agree - a bunch of us spend a weekend or two there every year. Like Ibiza Old Town, Madrid, Florence etc, it's a go-to destination. I absolutely love the city though I've yet to get into the Berghain ? Berliners are a pretty cool bunch too. Generous and engaging in my experience.

Archived